wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
Met Summer/Early Fall 16 Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

skiing?  Hiking? Even biking when it's in the 40's or 50's.  I do all that in the winter.   Unless it's bitter bitter cold, you can do a fair amount assuming you put a coat on.

Get a fat bike and the right clothes and mt biking in the winter is equally as much fun as the rest of the year.  Get some decent backcountry gear and get out there, winter is fantastic in the woods.  Nobody around, it's quiet, the air is crisp and fresh and all of the forest critters other than bears are out and about.

There are no ticks on the beach.

Dutchess County consistently has some of the highest incidence rates of lyme disease in the entire world. A short stroll through my backyard pretty much guarantees you'll pick up a couple hitchhikers, to say nothing of a long hike through the woods. It's absolutely disgusting to have to pull them off your clothes and skin every night.

We have been making our own bug spray for a while now using a mix of essential oils and I haven't had a tick on me since.  Google it, there are a few different recipes but they all have lavender oil.  I spend more time in the forest than probably any other three people here put together.

My yard has that mid to late August look, an early fall perhaps???

I was in central VT yesterday and it rained HARD for about an hour or so.  Cleaned all the bugs off my car after a super buggy drive up.  The difference between dusty, pollen covered everything creating that dingy look and the fresh clean emerald green of summer an hour later was awesome.  

If the Euro agrees, I'd put some stock in it, otherwise, I'd expect a different solution from the GFS in 12 hrs.

The GFS will soon be by the hour and not 3-hour periods up to hour-120.   It will be wrong 3x as often!

House on the left does not use a sprinkler. House on the right is my house, and we use sprinklers. Water is dirt cheap, i dont understand why people wouldn't turn on their sprinklers (if they have them).

24q678h.jpg

My yard is too big to cover with sprinklers but I do focus a bit on the section we use the most and will water there leading up to when I have a gathering.  Otherwise screw it, the grass isn't going to die, unless its new from seed, it just goes dormant and it saves me mowing time which typically takes me about two hours.  

My yard is too big to cover with sprinklers but I do focus a bit on the section we use the most and will water there leading up to when I have a gathering.  Otherwise screw it, the grass isn't going to die, unless its new from seed, it just goes dormant and it saves me mowing time which typically takes me about two hours.  

How much land do you have?

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived