joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
April 2016 obs/ discussion

2010 extreme

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Super weather but we need to mix it up.  How about a thunderstorm?

Sweet spring weather like the last few days is glorious to enjoy but it's hard to discuss anything from the "interesting weather" perspective. 

Friday afternoon has a decent vort pass with good timing in the afternoon. Dews could be into the 60's. Not a severe setup but could get some storms going. 

GFS wants to give us rain Fri...need something to wash away this pollen. My yard is slowly turning into a dust bowl.

Amazing how quickly the surface dries out.  Subsurface is good, but I had billowing dust clouds when getting rid of the last batch of leaves yesterday.

About to get my high temp of the year thusfar.  81.8

Sweet spring weather like the last few days is glorious to enjoy but it's hard to discuss anything from the "interesting weather" perspective. 

Friday afternoon has a decent vort pass with good timing in the afternoon. Dews could be into the 60's. Not a severe setup but could get some storms going. 

Lack of instability though will hurt storm chances on Friday

Gonna enjoy feeling like the area has turned into San Diego in terms of weather. Even though I know this is a way station to feeling like it has turned into Lubbock when we hit mid-June.

Lubbock?  We could only wish.  Lubbock is (relatively) low humidity.  You mean Houston.  Or maybe somewhere in Panama or Nicaragua.

April 20, and 0.15" precip for the month.

If April showers bring May flowers, then what does April drought bring? My guess is it brings May - Sep. furnace.

I've never gone 2 weeks between mows in the early season. Though I had to do my first mow on March 25, I've mowed only twice so far.

I have patches or burnt grass already. Had the grass cut 2 Saturdays ago. Still no real need. Grass grew quick in Feb and March. The April chill and drought has slowed down grass considerably.

Archived