Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 2016 obs/ discussion

2010 extreme

• Replies 828
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brief but very heavy rain in the pencil line moving through.

Spring green up should be in full swing over the next week with warming temps and bright sun.

like a dagger to the heart.  praying for NE flow and back door fronts...but those will be in short supply for a while.  just counting down to October

like a dagger to the heart. praying for NE flow and back door fronts...but those will be in short supply for a while. just counting down to October

Nah, just embrace it. Enjoy bbq's and spending time outside in shorts and t's. Fishing season is going to be in full swing next week. I personally only strongly dislike 1 thing about the warm season. Hazy hot and humid...ugh. But even that passes quick and we're rewarded with low dews and blue skies as winter approaches.

I have a hunch that a tropical threat or 2 will get our attention this year also. Maybe we get remnants of something in June with spinny things and then a cat 5 up the mouth of the bay in late August.

like a dagger to the heart.  praying for NE flow and back door fronts...but those will be in short supply for a while.  just counting down to October

i hope the sun goes behind thick rain clouds on May 1 and doesn't reappear until Oct. 1.

Unfortunately, your wish is likely to be the one granted.

I think the three of us could get along just fine!

I think the three of us could get along just fine!

So, I'm assuming that when it's raining and cold and gray in May or June that you three are outside enjoying being wet, cold?  You like the ground too wet and muddy to mow, the streams too muddy to fish, outdoor projects on hold because it's too wet, etc.  

I'm just trying to get a sense of how you guys enjoy that type of weather.  After all, being indoors looking out the window isn't exactly "enjoying the weather", is it?

So, I'm assuming that when it's raining and cold and gray in May or June that you three are outside enjoying being wet, cold?  You like the ground too wet and muddy to mow, the streams too muddy to fish, outdoor projects on hold because it's too wet, etc.  

I'm just trying to get a sense of how you guys enjoy that type of weather.  After all, being indoors looking out the window isn't exactly "enjoying the weather", is it?

Yes

No (but it beats mowing in the hot sun)

Yes

and Yes

I can live with about 2-3 months of it.  Heck even enjoy it.  I like crabbing so like to squeeze that in.  But from Sept to May I would prefer the weather most don't like...just me

Well, this is my post from the top of the page when others were describing a 'nice day'

"I took the opportunity to hike in the snow on the Allegheny Trail today! :)

May be last snow hiking until I head to Colorado in May."

Now, the snow was melting, it got muddy, etc, etc, and I loved every moment of it.

Yes, I'll be hiking/walking/whatever in 60 and rain anytime over 90 and blazing sun, THAT parks me in the house.

The hotter it gets the higher I climb to walk/hike in the summer, and that is usually done at the crack of dawn if possible.

June/July/Aug is Colorado/west for sports or 3500+ elevation here.

I was kayaking in October in 55 degrees in shorts and have already went once this year.

And when the rivers are muddy there is always a lake nearby to fish from.

Archived