• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Low topped squall line overnight Wednesday into Thursday

weatherwiz

Just drove over the mountain in Stafford down rt 190 towards Somers.  Unless my eyes deceived me in the darkness, it looked like something significant occurred as there is a narrow gap of trees down through the woods perpendicular to the road.  Possible microburst?  State police, utilities, and Fox61 news truck were there filming.  Power is out in both parts of Stafford and Somers.

I live in Stafford and my sugarhouse is in North Somers and I saw a couple of powerlines down and outside of the center of town, things looked dark north of there.

• Replies 650
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree...One of the mets on Twitter was saying that the thunder was louder and lasted longer because of the lack of foliage on the tress to dampen it.  Not sure about that, but it definitely sounded different than a summer storm.

What a night though.  Tough to sleep.  Could definitely hear tress snapping and falling in he woods behind my house.  Never lost poer though (good job Taunton Municipal Lighting Plant)

TMLP phail.  Power is out at home.  2nd time this year.  I was up from about 3-5AM.  Dog could not sleep with the freight train winds blowing and the debris it picked up being blown around,  Trash day FTMFL.  I was wise and did not put anything out.

72K  power out in CT right now

My parents are without power in Somers where my sugarhouse is.  Several trees and powerlines were down getting here.  You can see them on the storm damage report along with road closures almost all around me.

Ashford is almost 100% out.  Eversource changed the reporting on their map to reflect customers without power as opposed to percentage without power so it doesn't look as bad, particularly with the small towns in eastern CT.

Archived