joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 8th Monster Ocean storm obs and hallucinations

Bostonseminole

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cape Cod will be at or above their seasonal snow by the end of this storm. :lol: Payback for '10-'11 there?

I am stunned this is evolving into a SE NE winter....when have we ever seen a stronger basin wide event behave in that manner?

I'm telling you, there is something to be said for attaining nearly +2C anomalies in R4 el nino.

#newbreed

I still think west and north comes back late.

light snow commenced in the last hour here in Shrewbury - about 9 min. E of the city of Worcester. 

it was 21 F with a gusty biting wind when i arrived. 

i then found that an email went out at 6 am instructing us to work from home today - D'OH!!!

but... i'll bail at lunchtime and head back...  

Rad doesn't look too ominous... about what we figured with bands rotating/backing in. i'm really fascinated because it was calm and upper 30s at 12:30am when I crashed late last night, but when I got up this morning the flags were tautly pointed SW and the temp was 19.... clearly some sort of surge fresh cold air came in with the nosing CAD signature.  i didn't honestly look for that .. .i thought the CAD structure was merely defaulted for having lower pressure field approaching from the S.  interesting. 

but, with that much wind and very cold transport, i imagine now the OES factors in ?  

Archived