joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 5th Event

nj2va

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to bed last night with a coating of snow on the grass at 38 degrees and some decent snow falling.  Really thought I'd wake up this morning to at least an inch or two.  Pretty disappointing to wake up to nothing.  That's what I get for getting excited...

So, you guys hear about the potential snowstorm Monday into Tuesday?  I'm super excited!

Were you awake? Things really got going early. There were good bursts of sleet at onset.

DC area was simply too far removed from the strengthening coastal low and associated lift. Here I had 2 hours of light to moderate rain and it was 38, but once the low got cranking, the temp quickly dropped to 34 and I flipped to all snow. As snow increased in intensity, temp dropped to 32 and stayed there.

Wife says it's snowing very hard in east Columbia.

Edit...she says a little accumulation and roads are slushy

I'm at home and can confirm. Grass pretty much white now. Maybe 1/2" on deck. My side street just wet. Starting to stick a little on sidewalk. Car is topped white. Nice band developed overhead. Snowing very nicely as I send this.

Do us'nz over here on the eastern sherr count? 

2" at my place of heavy pasty snow. Temp dropped to 32, but the ground was so warm and wet  and in a short duration event it had an impact. I should have had more like 4 or 5".

Y'all don't count.  B)

Glad you got something.  Maybe it can hang around through the weekend.  I have about 2" in my yard, so at least there's something besides mud to look at.

Gotcha.

I'll be up there for the week starting Monday, so it'd be nice to have something in the ground when I arrive.

You can see the picture from Copley Square about an hour ago:

http://s1125.photobucket.com/user/HubbDave/media/weather%20stuff/A92148E7-169A-4296-8473-725B48F063EC.jpg.html

Hmm, I can't get it to load right--- it's on pg 16 of their observation thread. 

In Marginal BL Situations, Eastern Anne Arundel, Baltimore City Near the Inner Harbor then up 95 to 695, then a slight jump north toward Belair Rd then due NE through Harford County, then south of 95 in Cecil County and west of 301/896 in Deleware do really bad. Was the exact same for March 6, 2001. Nice out, the trace of snow melted a couple hours ago.

As well they should.

There's an awful lot of commuters in my agency from Southern MD, but it never seems to be factored into the decision.

Having said that, roads were mostly fine- a little icy in my driveway but ok after that.

I just have to LOL when we got two days of 3 hour delays, even when it was sunny and 60. Those delays really screwed up my schedule big time too. <_<

In Marginal BL Situations, Eastern Anne Arundel, Baltimore City Near the Inner Harbor then up 95 to 695, then a slight jump north toward Belair Rd then due NE through Harford County, then south of 95 in Cecil County and west of 301/896 in Deleware do really bad. Was the exact same for March 6, 2001. Nice out, the trace of snow melted a couple hours ago.

Yep that's me. Only a half mile west of 896. This area is not good. Despite the average yearly snowfall being the same for here and Mon County in NJ. They have crushed us in snow fall amounts each and every year in the 5 yrs I've lived here.

They got 6 inches out of this storm up there. I use to think that area was terrible so close to the coast. How wrong I was.

Welcome to the mid atlantic I guess.

Archived