joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This situation is anomalous though - I think one should look at this outside standard conventions...

The circulation arcs are exceptionally large, as I was just mentioning... Bullet points are bullet points; but the assessment behind them should consider the unusual totality of it all.

Have you been reading my posts the past few days? I've stressed it several times.

Yeah, exactly ... 30"/week for 4 weeks straight and never had more than about 36" on the ground through that period... wonder where it all went - 

see now that is fascinating...back here was meh city comparatively speaking but we hit peak depths of at least 24 on the level with less than half of what you had during that time frame...the 10-1 arctic sand had better staying power??

Wow that's a ballsy map IMO. Must be banking on one more tick west which I don't think is unreasonable, I just don't know if I see the widespread 10"+ totals happening. Will be interesting to see if the 18z's double down on the west trend, if they do we are talking about going all in but I'm hesitant.

maybe the monster ccb trowal will surprise us in a good way, at some point ma nature has to throw us a few crumbs

Actually, it doesn't.  Well, I suppose if you consider some other year "at some point".  We can wind up this season with 12" this year and get 160" next year and it will have a net 0 effect on climo.

I'm not sure if we'll break 18" when all is said and done.  I suspect we will, but we'll see.

Not in range yet. When you start hearing "it's time to put away the models" it automatically starts running.

lol!

Either way, it will be nice to see a few more inches in this neck of the woods after the other day's high totals.  I am not sold on the high end totals at this point for this storm, but the WSW in Windham county is probably warranted.  Sometimes I think after a storm busts like it did last week with many mets going low (then final snowfall results being high), there can be a tendency to go high for the next storm.  I am not saying that this is the case, I just hope that people don't get expectations overblown.

Archived