joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm and Mood Snow Feb 8-11

TalcottWx

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

when i first saw those box amounts i thought they were generous but they have been doing a pretty good job this winter so i figured they must know something or sense something...

i think the cape and parts of se ne have a shot at up to a foot but i think even orh may be in jeopardy of more than a few inches and back this way coating to one inch wouldn't surprise me in the least

i have heard nothing about the inv trof possibility on later tues/wed so i imagine that is off the table too?

when i first saw those box amounts i thought they were generous but they have been doing a pretty good job this winter so i figured they must know something or sense something...

i think the cape and parts of se ne have a shot at up to a foot but i think even orh may be in jeopardy of more than a few inches and back this way coating to one inch wouldn't surprise me in the least

i have heard nothing about the inv trof possibility on later tues/wed so i imagine that is off the table too?

You may have a net loss by Tuesday morning .

j/k - sort of...

Tues pm has been crap since At least Yesterday.

Its Monday or bust

I wouldn't be shocked if the cape verifies blizzard.....you don't need to 2' to see a blizzard.

The very high amounts are all I ever had an issue with.

The storm itself is a marvel of nature, which is why I was frustrated with 1.5mi vis for 3 days.

who even knows if that will verify either..the whole mood snow thing but maybe for you it will closer to the water...but don't you think the whole mood snow thing is better when there is a big mantle of fresh powder for it to snow on?

who even knows if that will verify either..the whole mood snow thing but maybe for you it will closer to the water...but don't you think the whole mood snow thing is better when there is a big mantle of fresh powder for it to snow on?

I'm just saying...haven't examined it closely.

Yes....if I had 2' on the ground, I'd be much more content with this.

I would watch this, though......I said last night, modeling NEVER caught up to the Friday deal.

I will say nam is struggling in eastern NC right now.

My concern still despite my flags, is that models are missing that arc of lift into SNE. That to me is the thing to watch. Models struggle with that.

Also, pym county could get a OES blitz. There may be hefty totals in the classic areas near and south of me. Norwell Hanover marshfield etc.

My concern still despite my flags, is that models are missing that arc of lift into SNE. That to me is the thing to watch. Models struggle with that.

Also, pym county could get a OES blitz. There may be hefty totals in the classic areas near and south of me. Norwell Han.

Yes, I could see that.

Smacks one of those Jan 94 deals...where its a moderate event outside of the CJ bands.

18z gfs also way off

Also, pym county could get a OES blitz. There may be hefty totals in the classic areas near and south of me. Norwell Hanover marshfield etc.

The models are definitely too far east vs verification down in Carolinas but it is unclear out that will translate further north.

I agree wth Scott that when you have a big inflow of moisture from a low well to the southeast, the guidance tends to really struggle. This happened too in the March 2013 firehose storm. This isn't exactly the same setup but there are some of the same mechanics going on to get the precip that far NW of the sfc low.

Archived