joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - February 2016

MAG5035

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad someone else is noticing how much melting occurs at bitterly cold temperatures. I was questioned about that when I said something earlier in the thread. 

Yea I notice also. The woods behind my house have a southern exposure and the ground is showing now where it didn't yesterday.

And the deer noticed it.

Latest afternoon model runs seem to argue that the low end of Dave's D-zone has a pretty good shot at verifying....ie, 4".  Not unreasonable at all.  Also, looks like most of our area does not rise above freezing until after dawn Tuesday morning, not mid to late Monday evening.  I still think we see warning-criteria ice here.  We'll see pretty soon.

12z EPS ensemble mean shows 3-4 inches of snow for this event through most of the CTP region.

The best part is that the EPS continues to advertise a winter pattern re- load. We will warm up for about 5 days, & then step back down the last week of the month into a pattern with the trough in the east. The EPS snow map by the end if the run on day 15 , which takes us to the end of the month, shows around 8 inches near Harrisburg, & over 10 inches to the north & west through the CTP region.

A very downplayed forecast form CTP. 1-2" snow/sleet, basically no ice accretion.

Tonight

A chance of light snow, mainly after 5am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 10. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 30%. Total nighttime snow accumulation of less than a half inch possible.

Washington's BirthdaySnow likely before 5pm, then freezing rain and sleet. High near 30. Southeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Little or no ice accumulation expected. New snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Monday Night

Freezing rain and sleet before 8pm, then rain and snow, possibly mixed with freezing rain between 8pm and 2am, then rain, possibly mixed with freezing rain after 2am. Temperature rising to around 36 by 5am. Southeast wind 3 to 7 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Little or no snow and sleet accumulation expected.

Tuesday

Rain, possibly mixed with freezing rain before 8am, then rain between 8am and 5pm, then a chance of rain and snow after 5pm. High near 42. South wind 5 to 7 mph becoming northwest in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between three quarters and one inch possible.

Tuesday Night

A chance of rain and snow showers before 8pm, then a chance of snow showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Northwest wind 3 to 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Archived