• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

So who is down for a drinking game tonight and what will the rules be?? On a more serious note.... I've been standing in line at the Teeter for 13 freaking minutes!!!!

Always down for a drinking game. Got a 12 of PBR last night so I can go all redneck. Also got some highlands oatmeal porter, sweet water 420, red hook ESB and a Belgian quad my buddy brewed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Shawn said that rgem did have us getting up to 51/52 today, not sure if it's still supposed to be there now. I'm thinking more and more we might avoid that major ice depending on these temps. 

Around 8 AM tomorrow morning, the 18z RGEM had the surface temps crashing close to or freezing in the Central Midland areas.  We won't have to wait much longer to see if it's right or not.  00z run will come out in a few hours.

Always down for a drinking game. Got a 12 of PBR last night so I can go all redneck. Also got some highlands oatmeal porter, sweet water 420, red hook ESB and a Belgian quad my buddy brewed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a very random assortment in the fridge.. A bud light, blue moon, Sam Adams Seasonal, some random chocolate beers that I've never heard of, and large jug of some harder vodka based booze that I love to make. So I'm set to begin a good ol redneck snow storm

Around 8 AM tomorrow morning, the 18z RGEM had the surface temps crashing close to or freezing in the Central Midland areas.  We won't have to wait much longer to see if it's right or not.  00z run will come out in a few hours.

You guys still have to wait for the CAD. It's coming. My temp at the house has crashed to 28.4. This air is heading straight for you.

Wbtv going on the lower end of guidance for snow and ice, didn't see a sleet amount forecast map but has to be significant to meet even half of the QPF being consistently modeled. Snow: 10-20" northern mtns and highest elevations throughout mtns, 6-10" along the escarpment into Morganton and Lenior, 3-6" Hickory to Winton, 1-3 Shelby to Clt to Concord, 1" south of town. Ice: .25" around Charlotte and .5" further east on 74 corridor

It would appear the RGEM is worthless because nobody even mentions it.  Everybody is using the RPM, hence no advisories in this area.  It is rather warm with dewpoints above freezing.

It would appear the RGEM is worthless because nobody even mentions it.  Everybody is using the RPM, hence no advisories in this area.  It is rather warm with dewpoints above freezing.

This was never supposed to be much of an event for us to begin with.  The trend today was the models getting colder and were hinting at stronger wedging affecting us.  The current temperature does not matter considering the colder air is just now starting to come down from the Northeast.  We are not supposed to be even close to freezing right now.  In fact the RGEM (18z) had us above freezing until 8-9AM in the morning.

RGEM is far from worthless.

Sounds like a good start. 

I have a very random assortment in the fridge.. A bud light, blue moon, Sam Adams Seasonal, some random chocolate beers that I've never heard of, and large jug of some harder vodka based booze that I love to make. So I'm set to begin a good ol redneck snow storm

Archived