Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Storm Banter & Complaint Thread, Jan 22-23

No snow for you

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh trust me I know, but the past few runs warrant a watch for sure. You can always cancel it.

Not a good idea to issue watches/warnings early and then yank them.  Causes people to not listen to them in the future.  Also, with current modeling, I would assume it would be an advisory at this point that they could make a warning if warranted later.

Not a good idea to issue watches/warnings early and then yank them. Causes people to not listen to them in the future. Also, with current modeling, I would assume it would be an advisory at this point that they could make a warning if warranted later.

What is your take at this point? Nothing for these parts?

What is your take at this point? Nothing for these parts?

I'm siding with KCAE on this one.  There is a chance, and recent modeling keeps trending colder for our area in the Central Midlands.  With that said, it's a waiting game.  If the wedge is being under-done, we have a problem on our hands.  If it is being over-done this way and not as cold, we will be just fine.

It just got real when Philippe post in the storm thread. 

Haha I'm glad some people remember me! I still have a lot of family down in Greenville, SC so I'm always keeping an eye on the weather in my old stopping grounds. This really looks like a blockbuster for a large part of the area, and I always get excited for these events :)

I'll try to chime in from time to time the next couple of days as the storm unfolds, but grad school keeps me pretty busy these days. Have fun everyone! 

Thanks Skip! Not the same knowing you are not down the road brother!

Well, it's my first real major winter storm since leaving N.C. 2 winters ago. It has been a pleasure tracking it with all of you. Given my unbiased perch, I've tried to temper expectation and "keep it real" this week. But, alas, there is no fighting it -- all of my peeps in the I-85/U.S. 74 corridor are going to get clobbered. I like CLT to GSP for 4-6 with .25 of ice. I like Shelby and Rutherford (keep it strong, strongwx!) for 6-12 with some ice in Shelby, but just sleet in Rutherfordton. And I like QueenCityWx and HKYWx to rake with 12-16.

Best of luck to all - I am insanely jealous. Don't forget to create your own transition zone from tracking OBS virtually, to recording them in person! If I have a regret from my snow tracking it's that I didn't spend enough time outside before and during.

I hope everyone else busts with even higher totals. GOOD LUCK!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha I'm glad some people remember me! I still have a lot of family down in Greenville, SC so I'm always keeping an eye on the weather in my old stopping grounds. This really looks like a blockbuster for a large part of the area, and I always get excited for these events :)

I'll try to chime in from time to time the next couple of days as the storm unfolds, but grad school keeps me pretty busy these days. Have fun everyone! 

Thanks for coming by. I always enjoy your comments. i remember last years ice storm where GSP was saved but NE Georgia was hit hard and you had some great insights. 

Johnny C, just said he's going with the RPM model! Says it does well! Said the American model is showing " insane" snowfall totals, he don't buy ! Man I would love to get those GFS totals!

It is funny. They never show the totals of the Euro. I think the Euro and GFS were on the same page. Pretty good combo normally. 

If the moisture is coming in faster, I wonder if that will be enough time for the CAD to set up. 

Archived