• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    maley.chris78@gmail.com
    Newest Member
    [email protected]
stormtracker

STORM MODE THREAD- January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #4 - No Banter

sorry to nitpick, but the GEFS *should* support the OP at this range.   Its perturbations need time to grow, so it's tough to significantly diverge from the GFS solution within 72 hours.

Good point, hence the reason they aren't much help at this range.  I was just curious just how similar it was to the ops.

Mitch, I remember chatting with you in Feb 2003 saying we will never seen anything like we're about to see.. I think I lied.

Well, you hid the lie for 13 years, so you get some credit! People jokingly throw around the expression "shelter in place" all the time here. This time it really is no joke.

Exceptional. I've never seen anything like this. Tapping three bodies of water and very warm water at that. Likely to see a lot of lightning and explosive rates...3, 4 inches per hour.

I am loving this right here! When you have a seasoned met saying "exceptional I've never seen anything like this" You know your in good shape.

Exceptional. I've never seen anything like this. Tapping three bodies of water and very warm water at that. Likely to see a lot of lightning and explosive rates...3, 4 inches per hour.

Are you going to be back in town for this??

The weird thing is I expect that type of ridiculous qpf output from the NAM. You can easily write that off as the NAM being the NAM. I don't believe the GFS has any bias when it comes to overdoing qpf, so to see that much is startling and makes you wonder if maybe it is legit. It also has some support from the RGEM.

It has a bit of a bias still in showing too high a qpf in cold airmasses.

Super El Nino...2 extreme months of weather so far this winter

Do we have a name for this blizzard?

Hopefully, the Great Blizzard of 2016.

Euro needs to do what it has done so many nights this week and walk in, look at the scratch the other models have thrown out, and drop the hammer. 

I'm sticking with nuclear snow globe. Atomic snow globe would be acceptable too.

the post game discussions of this storm will take so long.....by the time we recover, the pattern will have flipped back to cold and snowy