joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
STORM MODE THREAD- January 22-23 Mid Atlantic Storm Thread #4 - No Banter

stormtracker

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zoomed in QPF for posterity (likely on crack with its totals but I like seeing an increase in QPF 15 hours from the start of the storm).  3.0" for Arlington.   :mapsnow:

5jCwPBx.png

Doesn't this look like the GFS from a few runs ago with that odd bubble over Princess Anne?  There's gotta be something that the GFS isn't handling well - I can't fathom any of this mess coming to fruition.

Zoomed in QPF for posterity (likely on crack with its totals but I like seeing an increase in QPF 15 hours from the start of the storm).  3.0" for Arlington.   :mapsnow:

5jCwPBx.png

That 6.5" liquid bullseye east of Richmond has to be wrong.It's too cold for those kinds of totals.

This is the most outrageous GFS run I have ever seen. And we are like 16 hours from start time. I mean over 4 feet for MBY. 

Yes, it would be one thing if it showed this 2 days ago, but we are very close to onset now.  I'm speechless after that run.  But it's also not totally on its own either.  NAM and RGEM were also amped up with the moisture.  Have no choice but to stay up for the Euro now.

I mean. Normally the models are starting to throttle back the precip amounts as we approach game time. These runs tonight just kicked everything up to a level I have never seen before. Check out the radar down south though. I posted the radar at around 8 in the the other thread. The precip shield has at least doubled in size since then. Just a crazy development tonight.

Archived