joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 23-24 Storm Banter

ORH_wxman

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the next step in the evolution of this storm? Looks like initial intensity has peaked and is waning...that's an interesting dryslot, and the precip shield overall is not the impressive rada presentation I expected

Hasn't even really gotten going yet...the max intensification will be overnight tonight and early tomorrow AM.

NWS site running really slowly for me, must be getting crushed from all the people checking on this storm.  NAM sure makes it interesting for NYC and Boston/coastal area.  Most consistent thing on all models I've seen is 0 qpf for me.

Oh god, the servers have to be getting pounded by the Mid Atlantic. 

Any time you get the Megalopolis involved in a storm our whole system starts to grind to a halt. 

My friend in Florence, KY said that flurries just started...but the radar has showed good echos over her for a few hours...people seem to be getting excited and wishcasting this thing north...but real time obs indicate the strength of the dry air this has to fight on the northern fringe...i would not be excited to be in the .1 or .2 inch precip accums...it's just going to be virga...

Pretty much. Maybe this year

I had just asked out a pretty girl I liked that week. We went on one date, but then another foxy lady showed up, and she came to dominate my thoughts even more. Her name was Sandy and she won out in the end. It was short-lived, but we had a pretty sweet run... God this hobby is a burden sometimes lol.

Oh god, the servers have to be getting pounded by the Mid Atlantic.

Any time you get the Megalopolis involved in a storm our whole system starts to grind to a halt.

Ha I was wondering about that. Took me like 10 minutes earlier to check the Coop reports on the BTV page. Sucks that brings everyone down and not just the WFOs seeing high traffic.

Ha I was wondering about that. Took me like 10 minutes earlier to check the Coop reports on the BTV page. Sucks that brings everyone down and not just the WFOs seeing high traffic.

Eastern Region HQ is next to OKX, so we're tied in through there (including our internet). Likewise, national HQ is Silver Spring, MD. So basically these big winter storms are the worst case scenario for our server traffic.

Archived