joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 23-24 Storm Banter

ORH_wxman

• Replies 956
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So we get 100" in a month and not a word from big Louis, but get 2' in the MA and we have press conferences like we just had a terrorist attack...lol. And why did he need to mention about the whole modeling capacity anyways? Someone asked that? It should be on the storm.

These thoughts do not represent and all...

You remember the storms conference, full court press on how great the GFS is.

The irony is that the Euro kind of led the way on a drier northern fringe up here. Still not over yet, but the writing is on the wall.

These thoughts do not represent and all...

You remember the storms conference, full court press on how great the GFS is.

The irony is that the Euro kind of led the way on a drier northern fringe up here. Still not over yet, but the writing is on the wall.

I guess I'm curious why that was mentioned. I didn't hear the conference...I figured it was about the storm, until Diane mentioned what he said.

I guess I'm curious why that was mentioned. I didn't hear the conference...I figured it was about the storm, until Diane mentioned what he said.

Propaganda machine starting up?

Our new national model blend as of yet doesn't include the ECMWF. That's the latest I've heard anyway. 

NWS got  the finger pointed at them by OPM, states (including the governor of NYS, for which I am totally embarrassed), and localities, right?. I don't blame him for saying they can only work with the tools they're given.

NWS got  the finger pointed at them by OMB, states (including the governor of NYS, for which I am totally embarrassed), and localities, right?. I don't blame him for saying they can only work with the tools they're given.

But why? Nothing has verified. What were they complaining about?

But why? Nothing has verified. What were they complaining about?

Here it was the Nov 14 LES event, which was well modeled. NWS went low on amounts but came very close to nailing where bands would set up, and gave adequate warning. Thruway shutdowns were slow to happen, and Cuomo wanted a dog to kick, so he went after KBUF and NWS in general. The only good thing that came out of it was state mesonet money.

Feds changed their telecommuting work rules after some shutdowns for warnings that didn't verify. NWS got heat for it if I recall correctly.

GFS sniffed this out, Euro had a low in Cuba then way over corrected

At day 9?

That's all well and good, but give something useful. My forecast range doesn't even start until day 7. Since we've gotten into that window, I think the Euro has been more consistently showing it being fringe effects around these parts.

Now that could all go to hell in the next 24 hours. 

At day 9?

That's all well and good, but give something useful. My forecast range doesn't even start until day 7. Since we've gotten into that window, I think the Euro has been more consistently showing it being fringe effects around these parts.

Now that could all go to hell in the next 24 hours.

hmm see Don S chart in model thread for Boston

Yes how did your climo make out Feb 21 to March 21 last year. I also said by April 1 we catch up but telling part of the story is how it rolls in here

This year has no comparison to last and I don't have records of all my snowfall in that period.

I'm still thinking slightly below normal snowfall here as I have since November,

I wish I could have seen the entire thing...TWC kept bouncing back and forth between the press conference and their "forecast center" but Dr. Ucellini provided the info I mentioned before the Q&A...so it wasn't a question that prompted a response, it was already built into his spiel...

Archived