joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "snow turns ugly after two days" argument applies to like 0.2% of the country's total area.

But most of the population area. You really have to go out to the less populated far suburbs 

or rural areas to see a snowpack that remains pristine for more than a day or two.

The most impressive thing about the Blizzard was not that the NAM was right, not that NJ saw its worst flooding since Sandy, or even that JFK got 30 inches of snow.. but that for the briefest of moments, if you were really paying attention, Forky and PB were nice to each other.  :hug:

But most of the population area. You really have to go out to the less populated far suburbs 

or rural areas to see a snowpack that remains pristine for more than a day or two.

That's not true at all, the snowpack out this way is pure white. All you need to do is get far enough away from a highway. And the population in my town is 16,000 which is quite large compared to most of the rest of the country. I realize that you guys that live closer to the city and on Long Island have no concept of this.

That's not true at all, the snowpack out this way is pure white. All you need to do is get far enough away from a highway. And the population in my town is 16,000 which is quite large compared to most of the rest of the country. I realize that you guys that live closer to the city and on Long Island have no concept of this.

Snow pack is where here also away from roads. My yard is pure white.

Snow pack is where here also away from roads. My yard is pure white.

I know that you live in a relatively suburban area of Queens. That's primarily because you're close to the water and North of the Cross Island Parkway. That's not really representative of most of Manhattan, the Bronx and the rest of Queens. I mean that's like saying that Central Park is representative of the rest of NYC. 

Tons of snow melt the past 2 days of overperforming temperatures...after Sunday some grass will start to be visible

I already have grass visible, and it's expanding. Can't remember for sure but I think after most big storms there has been a warmup and lots of melting; it rained a lot a few days after 96. BDB didn't hang around long, but the late Jan storm did last awhile. Give me a big storm over that piddly 3-5 inch with mixing garbage from last year anytime and I'm fine if it melts after a couple days.

You have no concept of Long Island.

More then that. Only a couple north shore posters. For example PB who often posts from his manor house

Lol.

The N shore is beautiful. There are a few Laurel Hollow posters here .

Anyway the N shore has a New England feel to it .

Cold Spring Harbor Loyds Neck Cove Neck Mattinecock etc in Nassau County .

The winter time difference between the N and S shore is well documented , but

Long Island has killed it in many of the bigger storms.

People see the poor resolution that the crap snow algos see and think that's L I

Lol.

The N shore is beautiful. There are a few Laurel Hollow posters here .

Anyway the N shore has a New England feel to it .

Cold Spring Harbor Loyds Neck Cove Neck Mattinecock etc in Nassau County .

The winter time difference between the N and S shore is well documented , but

Long Island has killed it in many of the bigger storms.

People see the poot visibility that the crap snow algos see and think that's L I

Of course!! Are you kidding if I had the money I would have 10 acres on the sound in sands or kings point facing west with skyline views. I decided after majoring in economics and a stint in commercial real estate sales in Manhattan that I'd rather do what I like. So here I find myself at least at the time permently relegated to the south shore. Unless my Ivy League educated soon to be fiancé gets her damn act together.

Of course!! Are you kidding if I had the money I would have 10 acres on the sound in sands or kings point facing west with skyline views. I decided after majoring in economics and a stint in commercial real estate sales in Manhattan that I'd rather do what I like. So here I find myself at least at the time permently relegated to the south shore. Unless my Ivy League educated soon to be fiancé gets her damn act together.

My cousin went to Cornell and lived very well on Blue Spruce Lane in your town .

I think it's right off Jerusalem ave ?

Archived