CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Continued Winter Banter.

Ericjcrash

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see no signs at all in the modeling that prolonged arctic cold locks in for February. It's most likely a roller coaster month with transient warm ups and cool downs. I don't see persistent Arctic cold

Several pro mets disagree with you, FWIW. Guess we'll see when the time comes.

I see no signs at all in the modeling that prolonged arctic cold locks in for February. It's most likely a roller coaster month with transient warm ups and cool downs. I don't see persistent Arctic cold

You also didn't see a major snowstorm happening in january due to rhe "raging super niño". We know how that turned out. It's hard to bet against a pattern when the AO drops to -5 The pattern changes after the first week of February. Models show an -EPO and +PNA at that time.

Broken-Record-psd53198.png

Classic. Very nice job on your forecast by the way. February is going to have plenty of fun and games. This is not a snow pack winter as evidenced by how fast the current snow is melting. So if we get a couple cutters and inland bombs that's just fine because I think we have at least three more 6+ storms for the coast

Classic. Very nice job on your forecast by the way. February is going to have plenty of fun and games. This is not a snow pack winter as evidenced by how fast the current snow is melting. So if we get a couple cutters and inland bombs that's just fine because I think we have at least three more 6+ storms for the coast

Hey man , Thank you . It  looks like a lot of the pack will be gone before it snows again . ( going faster than I orig thought ) The warm up although probably only 5 days may mean business .

However the look in FEB overall at least from this distance looks good .

1st Jan 31 - Feb 4 look to be about plus 4 to me .( AG and I agree- I hope  ) .

Then the period could begin to take shape .  Feb 5 - 20 look BN to me . I am not concerned with by how much but I am much more intrigued with the set up once again at 500 .

Many are in love with the  actual departures and N is not a bad thing   but what`s more important to me is what we look at 500mb . The period should advertise a   -EPO/+PNA/-AO regime again .

There will be a trough in the means in the SE during the period and all it will take is another well timed vortex during a PNA spike  and we are in the game.

This year we have  the potential to have more than just 1 big time event .  Our best chances like to come at the back end of patterns so sometimes one just has to be patient .

Hey man , Thank you . It looks like a lot of the pack will be gone before it snows again . ( going faster than I orig thought ) The warm up although probably only 5 days may mean business .

However the look in FEB overall at least from this distance looks good .

1st Jan 31 - Feb 4 look to be about plus 4 to me .( AG and I agree- I hope ) .

Then the period could begin to take shape . Feb 5 - 20 look BN to me . I am not concerned with by how much but I am much more intrigued with the set up once again at 500 .

Many are in love with the actual departures and N is not a bad thing but what`s more important to me is what we look at 500mb . The period should advertise a -EPO/+PNA/-AO regime again .

There will be a trough in the means in the SE during the period and all it will take is another well timed vortex during a PNA spike and we are in the game.

This year we have the potential to have more than just 1 big time event . Our best chances like to come at the back end of patterns so sometimes one just has to be patient .

Climo favors mid February for us too. Throw slightly below temps and all that energy in the southern get and things will go boom again

That's right I'm calling it right now we have at least one more major event in the pipeline!!!

Climo favors mid February for us too. Throw slightly below temps and all that energy in the southern get and things will go boom again

That's right I'm calling it right now we have at least one more major event in the pipeline!!!

Sounds good! What would you call major in our new post 2000 climate? 12+?

-Jason

Archived