• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Banter Thread #2

WxUSAF

I camp down that way and will look for this place and give it a try. Thanks for the info.

There's a microbrewery in the same complex and it's in a warehouse/garage kind of building. People were filling growlers and walking around drinking them. I think I smelled some medical grade kind bud in the air too. Very awesome place to stop by a check out. You would never know it existed just a quarter mile off the main road.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any of you get Pappy Van Winkle? Had some at a wedding and was pretty good, but very small output. Sells in Boston for like $500 a bottle and goes fast.

I have a bottle of Van Winkle 10 year, which is considered a "step down" from the Pappy Van Winkle 12 year. Not easy to find but only $80 a bottle retail. I've had the 12 and 15 Pappy's and the VW 10 is pretty comparable in quality and way more affordable.....if you can find it.

Thinking it's time to break out some of my Buffalo Trace Antique Collection for this storm - Eagle Rare 17yr Bourbon and Thomas H. Handy Rye. I have over 60 bourbons, ryes and scotches, so it can be hard to choose. Gonna bring out the big guns for this one :)

I have a bottle of Van Winkle 10 year, which is considered a "step down" from the Pappy Van Winkle 12 year. Not easy to find but only $80 a bottle retail. I've had the 12 and 15 Pappy's and the VW 10 is pretty comparable in quality and way more affordable.....if you can find it.

Thinking it's time to break out some of my Buffalo Trace Antique Collection for this storm - Eagle Rare 17yr Bourbon and Thomas H. Handy Rye. I have over 60 bourbons, ryes and scotches, so it can be hard to choose. Gonna bring out the big guns for this one :)

hey, how's it goin?

Dude. Do you need any friends?

It's true, unfortunately. The SREFs are way south. And the 21Z Euro was awful. No snow north of Fredericksburg. 

Some of the NMM members whiff entirely. ARW amped and NW as expected. (I guess SREF talk is considered banter? Previous post was deleted)

Wow. I am jealous. I'd just settle into a big leather chair by the fire and watch the flakes float down. Basically this:

post-9133-0-00878700-1453256925_thumb.jp

Dude. Do you need any friends?

Haha! There's always room for more when whiskey is involved. I really hope I get snowed in, I think overall we are up to 80 spirits in the house, including rum, whiskey, gin, tequila, mescal, vodka, and 2 "house" barrels aging whiskey and rum currently....not to mention a fully stocked beer fridge and about 8 cases of high end imported and domestic micros sitting in wait. Getting snowed in at my house is a drunk snow lover's dream.

Archived