Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Banter Thread #2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any of you get Pappy Van Winkle? Had some at a wedding and was pretty good, but very small output. Sells in Boston for like $500 a bottle and goes fast.

If I spent 5 bills on a bottle of liqour it would present 2 problems...my wife would kick me in pill box and I would wait until I was dead to open it.

I'm a bourbon guy for many years. I've been drinking rye lately. Never thought much of it until I stumbled upon copper creek distillery in sperryville, va. I bought a bottle of their house rye and it was killer. Never knew I would like that stuff but love at first taste. I don't drink much anymore but when I do I get the job done with top shelf goodness

Heard awesome things about copper creek but can't find it down here. Sucks

If I spent 5 bills on a bottle of liqour it would present 2 problems...my wife would kick me in pill box and I would wait until I was dead to open it.

Haha, it's not worth five bills. Good, but not that good. It has some sort of cult following, sort of in the way Heady Topper or Little Sip of Sunshine do. Sells out fast.

Heard awesome things about copper creek but can't find it down here. Sucks

I screwed up the name. It's copper fox but I'm sure you were thinking the same company. I was driving to luray and took the rt 211 scenic route. Saw a small sign that said "whisky make a left" so I immediately made a left...and found this old warehouse looking complex and was like "wut?". Found the distillery and mind was blown. True old school pot still. Did the tour and tasting and the rest is history. So worth it and cool.

I screwed up the name. It's copper fox but I'm sure you were thinking the same company. I was driving to luray and took the rt 211 scenic route. Saw a small sign that said "whisky make a left" so I immediately made a left...and found this old warehouse looking complex and was like "wut?". Found the distillery and mind was blown. True old school pot still. Did the tour and tasting and the rest is history. So worth it and cool.

Wow. I wil have to check them out the next time I head down to Old Rag.

I'm a bourbon guy for many years. I've been drinking rye lately. Never thought much of it until I stumbled upon copper creek distillery in sperryville, va. I bought a bottle of their house rye and it was killer. Never knew I would like that stuff but love at first taste. I don't drink much anymore but when I do I get the job done with top shelf goodness

Love me some George Dickle. Haven't had the rye version but the sour mash is good stuff. Reasonably priced too. Hard to find up here though.

I camp down that way and will look for this place and give it a try. Thanks for the info.

Archived