joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread #2

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Laphroaig will put some hair on your chest.

So I've heard... but I have not partaken. I was thinking more along the lines of Balvenie...

RE: Laphroaig... what do you recommend for a nice, but not too expensive age? I may try something different.

Ugh. Laphroaig is like licking a truck stop ash bin. The Balvenie, on the other hand is OUTSTANDING. All of them. Happen to have a full bottle of Caribbean Cask 14 in the cabinet as we speak. Dalmore is also quite tasty

Ugh. Laphroaig is like licking a truck stop ash bin. The Balvenie, on the other hand is OUTSTANDING. All of them. Happen to have a full bottle of Caribbean Cask 14 in the cabinet as we speak. Dale ore is also quite tasty

I have heard excellent things about the Caribbean Cask... so far my fav is Doublewood.  Hard to beat for the $

So I've heard... but I have not partaken.  I was thinking more along the lines of Balvenie...

RE: Laphroaig... what do you recommend for a nice, but not too expensive age?  I may try something different.

Can't go wrong with Doublewood. Talisker 10 is a pretty good choice from Skye. Glenlivet 12 is also a standby. All delicious.

Does everyone here know that we are closing in on a potential HECS? We are less than 72 hours from game time. Holy crap!!!this is what we live for. We are going to be reporting obs in a couple of days and posting pics and maybe using yard sticks to measure snow. Most of us probably drunk. There is nothing better.

I have heard excellent things about the Caribbean Cask... so far my fav is Doublewood.  Hard to beat for the $

Can't go wrong with any of them. I just happen to have the CC cause the mom-in-law loves me and gets it for me each Christmas. Lasts me right up to Thanksgiving every year. Others are consumed along the way too

I have heard excellent things about the Caribbean Cask... so far my fav is Doublewood. Hard to beat for the $

I'm a bourbon guy for many years. I've been drinking rye lately. Never thought much of it until I stumbled upon copper creek distillery in sperryville, va. I bought a bottle of their house rye and it was killer. Never knew I would like that stuff but love at first taste. I don't drink much anymore but when I do I get the job done with top shelf goodness

I'm a bourbon guy for many years. I've been drinking rye lately. Never thought much of it until I stumbled upon copper creek distillery in sperryville, va. I bought a bottle of their house rye and it was killer. Never knew I would like that stuff but love at first taste. I don't drink much anymore but when I do I get the job done with top shelf goodness

Rye is the true American whiskey. One of my top three is Bullet Rye from Indiana.

Any of you get Pappy Van Winkle? Had some at a wedding and was pretty good, but very small output. Sells in Boston for like $500 a bottle and goes fast.

Archived