• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/long Range Winter Discussion

Wow

Trend is not our friend for the Friday storm. Gfs does not have a strong enough high pressure for a good CAD setup for NC folks. Still looks great for the MA

It's early. I am still not ready to crack the bubbly. The doc can be quite moody at times if he thinks people are getting ahead of themselves.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's early. I am still not ready to crack the bubbly. The doc can be quite moody at times if he thinks people are getting ahead of themselves.

I would love to be in your area right now. I still think the NC mountain folks can cash in on this storm. No factual basis behind it but sooner or later we have to have something go our way right?

No need to throw in the towel yet. The ukmet takes a surface low from columbus, GA to just off Cape Hatteras. It also pinches off a sub 540 low through the carolinas. Definitely nothing like the GFS.

Also, the Navy model is way south of the GFS, and would imply a nice CAD hit for NC and maybe SC.

No need to throw in the towel yet. The ukmet takes a surface low from columbus, GA to just off Cape Hatteras. It also pinches off a sub 540 low through the carolinas. Definitely nothing like the GFS.

Also, the Navy model is also way south of the GFS, and would imply a nice CAD hit for NC and maybe SC.

It will be 70 and sunny by the time this system is supposed to get here. Never doubt the big Cheez. 

Wouldn't call it a screw job for the NW mtns by any means...even Wilkesboro dude may be digging out of about 2 inches of sleet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it's ok for you guys but it made a huge jump towards the gfs. Another shift and it's rain for everyone including ridge tops over 6000'.

I don't see the south trend relative to my location. The problem is this LP enters the west coast too far north and quite frankly a surface low xfer to the NC/SC coast from southeast Kentucky [Miller to-B or not to B] will just end up rain curtains for most of NC and points south/southwest.  Need this initial LP to track across Miss/Ala at least and xfer off SC/Ga coast

Archived