Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/long Range Winter Discussion

Wow

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's Georgia I presume?

he was specifically talking about the euro, a double barreled high (a banana type), the fact that the euro is notoriously poor at picking up the 2m cold this far out and "IF" it were to play out as the euro is currently depicted, could be the type of "payback" that NC certainly does not want to see (ICE).  Indicated that if things trended stronger GA could see ice as well.

he was specifically talking about the euro, a double barreled high (a banana type), the fact that the euro is notoriously poor at picking up the 2m cold this far out and "IF" it were to play out as the euro is currently depicted, could be the type of "payback" that NC certainly does not want to see (ICE). Indicated that if things trended stronger GA could see ice as well.

The right part of the banana would have to trend a lot stronger starting now. We are worlds away from a crippling ice storm, but anything can happen.

I know it's not worth much, but what else is there to talk about? The 84hr NAM looks like it's gonna be far to the south with our low. The trough is still very positive and it looks like it should keep sinking south a good ways before it pinches off. 

I personally am pulling for the southern shift.  Not only of the LPS but also of that HPS.  It's the only shot I have at any frozen precip.  Although, I don't want a major ice storm. 

Once it phased it is quick with amping it up... Needs to hold off a little longer to keep the WAA at bay. Still, good trends here.

Yup. The Mid-Atlantic forum must be going nuts! Could trend towards a later phase like this run! Like we seen this winter, phasing really doesn't work out perfectly like models state several days before the system. 

Archived