joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/long Range Winter Discussion

Wow

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately the only way I see this trending positively (or negatively) for NC is into a bad ice storm. It's almost better if this doesn't trend south. Timing is terrible. Middle of the week, sure (no work yay!), but I don't feel like having my weekend ruined by a half inch of ice....

The double barrel high is a good thing!? And one in Canada is up to 1029! Didnt UKMet do well with today's " event"

I think it did on track, It usually does pretty good on southern storm tracks. if i'm not mistaken? Somebody correct me if I'm wrong!!!  I think I've heard before that the Euro follows pretty close to Ukie a lot of times. So thinking Euro may tick south tonight too. need the Hp to strengthen, and a lot of us will be in biz. 

The Wednesday system is huge for us as that stregthens the 50/50, stronger the better,We need this badly!!!

Unfortunately the only way I see this trending positively (or negatively) for NC is into a bad ice storm. It's almost better if this doesn't trend south. Timing is terrible. Middle of the week, sure (no work yay!), but I don't feel like having my weekend ruined by a half inch of ice....

Well, the shortwave still got few days to go over the Pacific. I think we got a long week of tracking ahead of us.

If it miller A's like ukie, ice threat is way more minimal verse miller b. You'll have some transition skinny zone with a miller A, but usually it's snow or rain.

Disagree that the 0z GFS trended south from 18z. It was simply 6 hours slower. In fact, instead of toggling between the 18z +6 hours and the 0z, compare them at the same hours. For example, 120 hours on the 18z, and 120 hours on the 0z. Looking at the 850 low track, it is almost exactly the same, just 6 hours slower. On the 18z it tracks from SE Arkansas to east of Memphis to south of Knoxville to AVL to RDU. The 0z takes the same track, just 6 hours later. In fact, near the end, it ends up a little north of the 18z position, with the 850 low north of AVL.

Archived