wigl5l6k
    Newest Member
    wigl5l6k
January Mid/long Range Winter Discussion

Wow

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, you know what I like to say. If it's not going to snow, it might as well be warm and sunny.

Agree. There are some on here that like rain though. Ill never understand it. Give me snow or warmth. Cold rain sucks, warm rain sucks. Rain just sucks.

WxSouth says there is still hope.

Things continue to look active as we go through time , as far out as I can see, and with the climatological most active and coldest period still out there in February, if you're looking for a Winter Storm, I'd say the odds are still pretty good. There's plenty of moisture in this Nino, and now we're in a much cooler pattern, so it's a matter of timing.

Maybe this will brighten the mood. On second thought....

EPS at 240 (GEFS and GEPS at 240 (not shown) are virtually the same):

240EPS.png

GEFS at 300:

gfs-ens_z500a_nhem_51.png

GEPS at 300:

gem-ens_z500a_nhem_52.png

:axe::arrowhead:

Well the GFS and GEFS had this storm for a couple of days. , and it was dead wrong! So there's still hope. , it's always wrong !

WxSouth says there is still hope.

Things continue to look active as we go through time , as far out as I can see, and with the climatological most active and coldest period still out there in February, if you're looking for a Winter Storm, I'd say the odds are still pretty good. There's plenty of moisture in this Nino, and now we're in a much cooler pattern, so it's a matter of timing.

He's aware that February is the warmest winter month on average in most interior locations I hope.  It seemed like last year everyone was saying February would be our month too. Well that didn't turn out so well around these parts.Why should I believe this February will be any different ?

Packrainer tried to tell us this was a 98 do over, non-snowy nino, etc.  But we just wouldn't listen.  Now he's gone.  A hero, a martyr sacrificed on the alter of supreme weeniedom.  May his user name rest in it's rainy warm, winter peace. 

I'm getting to the point where I'm going to start rooting for the shut out....we really need a big mix up quick.  So much for excellent west based blocking...

He's aware that February is the warmest winter month on average in most interior locations I hope. It seemed like last year everyone was saying February would be our month too. Well that didn't turn out so well around these parts.Why should I believe this February will be any different ?

Lol last February and the February before last produced for a lot of people. Maybe not your area but a lot of people did get snow last February. Also February is an active winter month for a lot of places so writing off February on January 14 is not wise.

Lol last February and the February before last produced for a lot of people. Maybe not your area but a lot of people did get snow last February. Also February is an active winter month for a lot of places so writing off February on January 14 is not wise.

For the Midlands of SC, we tend to get our Winter weather from the end of Jan - Feb.  If Feb is the warmest, why does that happen down here in the deeper South around I-20?

Archived