joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Banter Thread

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

surprisingly, he loves going to the vet. gets very excited.

So, seems he re-tore the acl while recovering from acl surgery. Vet had to re-fix it completely. Yay to another six-weeks of recovery, carrying him up and down stairs, walking him outside on the leash (brrr). Good times.

If it happens again though, he will have to have a plate put in, which will not be cheap.  

So you have a LOT on your plate. Job, kid, dog, house stuff.   You're a great mom.

So you have a LOT on your plate. Job, kid, dog, house stuff. You're a great mom.

Aww shucks, thanks! Just doing what I gotta do. I'll be sure to keep telling myself that when I'm sleeping on the couch the next couple weeks while he gets through the worst of the recovery.

The evolution of Highzenberg's post in model disco threads:

The shortwave is a touch stronger, but I'm looking down the line at that monster s/w that just crashed into california

Oh man, at 140 hours, things look good!  So much confluence up north, 50/50 low.  Not sure where this is going, but it looks promising!

WOW, at 180 hours, this thing is going WOOF!  It's going to blow up into potential a huge storm.  Everything looks great.  S/w is about to go negative in just the right spot.

OH MY GOD!  Is anybody up?!?  This thing is going to bomb so hard.   Triple phaser?  WE could be talking about feet.  Watch the shortwave round the base and is going negative.  50/50 low in place still.  No way this cuts. 

Well, it cut, we rain and nothing really big happens, and its almost nothing like I've been building up to, but it could next time.  This one has legs.

Justin Berk mentioned this sub-tropical storm heading into the northern Atlantic would create more substantial blocking. Any truth to this or is it him just being the king weenie?

Well considering that a +NAO would typically have strong high pressure near the Azores, and a -NAO a weak high or low pressure, there might be some validity to this.

Sigh - Hans Gruber in Die Hard - Snape in Harry Potter movies - excellence in stage and screen for 3 decades after he got his breakthough at age 41. And he killed KILLED in Galaxy Quest. Just the best.

Dont forget Sheriff of Nottingham!

But omg, Galaxy Quest was fantastic. I'll forgive him for Love Actually. 

Blizzard of '66? Really??

Pattern is somewhat similar. Blocking is not exactly in the same spot but aligned similarly. Was a phased system grabbed by a lakes ULL. Never super high likelihood but if the GFS didn't suck maybe it was trending that way. Not sure why mentioning pattern potential is frowned upon.. perhaps because models don't generally fail spectacularly at 5 days as much as they used to.

Pattern is somewhat similar. Blocking is not exactly in the same spot but aligned similarly. Was a phased system grabbed by a lakes ULL. Never super high likelihood but if the GFS didn't suck maybe it was trending that way. Not sure why mentioning pattern potential is frowned upon.. perhaps because models don't generally fail spectacularly at 5 days as much as they used to.

It wasn't the comparison of pattern that people were astounded by in the discussion thread. It was his/her insistent keying in on the fact that since a blizzard was a surprise way back in 1966, plus Kocin this Kocin that, voila-- we are set up for a repeat surprise. 

It wasn't the comparison of pattern that people were astounded by in the discussion thread. It was his/her insistent keying in on the fact that since a blizzard was a surprise way back in 1966, plus Kocin this Kocin that, voila-- we are set up for a repeat surprise. 

ahh yeah I missed that part somehow. skimming bad posters...

Sensitive after yday.. the usual crew who always predicts no snow for DC no matter what was mocking people for seeing a pattern.

Archived