• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Late December miracle early next week!?

ineedsnow

I think/believe a serious ice and sleet issue takes place... That wind is going lock N west of a obvious coastal boundary and there is going to be a bout a 10 F differential across 5 or less miles extending from about west Essex or far NE Middlesex straight down to almost PVD!    

has the world gone mad?  seriously...old lessons and known climo seems to be escaping the meme here for that type of NEW polar high and deepressed DPs advecting carte blanche below these IB pulses...  my goodness. 

we'll see i guess

It wouldn't shock me if N&W of 495 doesn't see >32F until the event is basically over.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If GFS is right, it rips N of the pike between 09z and 12z, just north of the 850-800 warm front...you can see the bent back heights a bit. But it's the coldest model right now keeping even ORH-BOS all snow through 12z.

Yeah seems like GFS gets it going right near BOS. Other models are further north. 

Yeah seems like GFS gets it going right near BOS. Other models are further north. 

GFs is weird, it has an initial weenie band developing almost over us around midnight tonight and then it lifts north into CNE and we almost get nothing for about 2-3 hours...then a second wave of intense WCB precip hits us between 09z-12z and gives several inches of snow before flipping.

I wouldn't buy that scenario given other model guidance, but it's interesting in how it bends back the 850 WF for a time to really assist in the lift after 09z.

I think/believe a serious ice and sleet issue takes place... That wind is going lock N west of a obvious coastal boundary and there is going to be a bout a 10 F differential across 5 or less miles extending from about west Essex or far NE Middlesex straight down to almost PVD!    

has the world gone mad?  seriously...old lessons and known climo seems to be escaping the meme here for that type of NEW polar high and deepressed DPs advecting carte blanche below these IB pulses...  my goodness. 

we'll see i guess

When the same people are saying the ground is too warm, what do you expect? Even the euro is too quick I think to warm temps up, and it makes the most sense right now. Until then, prove me wrong is my attitude.

GFs is weird, it has an initial weenie band developing almost over us around midnight tonight and then it lifts north into CNE and we almost get nothing for about 2-3 hours...then a second wave of intense WCB precip hits us between 09z-12z and gives several inches of snow before flipping.

I wouldn't buy that scenario given other model guidance, but it's interesting in how it bends back the 850 WF for a time to really assist in the lift after 09z.

I was hoping that initial band would happen earlier and that lull would be further south. That's how it looked on the GFS yesterday, But like you said, it's the initial mid level front coming in at like 700mb that gives the snow after midnight. Then the strong push with LLJ and approaching 850 WF comes in to fill precip, but the warm tongue encroaches big time to limit snow. 

Saw what your describing talked about on Ch 5 news this AM

GGEM and RGEM hopefully have an idea up here because they actually shunt the 750mb warming to the east...IP does get up here but it comes up from the north and then hits resistance and gets shoved east.  We get very marginal at H85-H7 for a while but its not necessarily a slam dunk +2 or +3C warm layer on the RGEM/GGEM. 

Should be interesting to see how it shakes out. 

I've got 4-6" at the ski area of snow and sleet before tapering to freezing drizzle.  Would like to be in southern Quebec though.

GGEM and RGEM hopefully have an idea up here because they actually shunt the 750mb warming to the east...IP does get up here but it comes up from the north and then gets shoved east. We get very marginal at H85-H7 for a while but its not necessarily a slam dunk +2 or +3C warm layer.

Should be interesting to see how it shakes out.

I've got 4-6" at the ski area of snow and sleet before tapering to freezing drizzle. The GGEM/RGEM/NAM thump is interesting though with how quick and heavy it moves in.

cmc_snow_acc_neng_8.png

Montreal jackpot

Montreal jackpot

Yeah... Jay Peak to Sugarloaf axis should do very nicely.  I'm hopeful we can hang on as long as possible and get the good front end burst to verify.  I'm off tomorrow but may need to wake up at the normal 4am time to watch the thump, lol.  Just 3-4 hours of 1"/hr would feel like a blizzard.

I was hoping that initial band would happen earlier and that lull would be further south. That's how it looked on the GFS yesterday, But like you said, it's the initial mid level front coming in at like 700mb that gives the snow after midnight. Then the strong push with LLJ and approaching 850 WF comes in to fill precip, but the warm tongue encroaches big time to limit snow.

wasnt there a storm that torched 700 last year early on?

wasnt there a storm that torched 700 last year early on?

The 1/24 storm got pellets near Hubby and Ray I think, but this is much different. Strong 850-700 frontogenesis moves in after 9z, but the problem is that we may see this develop a little too late for even NE MA. I'd rather be up near Haverhill. 

Archived