e46ds1x
    Newest Member
    e46ds1x
Late December miracle early next week!?

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sure it would of, But we don't have a say.....lol, Looks to stay on the colder side going forward though with another arctic shot around the Jan 1-3

good. all the boys will be heading up north this weekend. I'll wait an extra week. Do you have the NOAA snowfall prediction link for ME? I always seem to forget the link. I had it in my phone, but lost it.

good. all the boys will be heading up north this weekend. I'll wait an extra week. Do you have the NOAA snowfall prediction link for ME? I always seem to forget the link. I had it in my phone, but lost it.

After this storm, Up north should be in good shape with close to 20" in some of those areas, Here is the link

http://www.weather.gov/gyx/winter

I had decided yesterday that I wasn't going to worry about clearing my dirveway outside of the plowed area at the road.  Decision holds, snowblower stays in the shed.

I delayed buying the new snowblower Saturday to do some more research and price shopping. Now I'll have a wee bit more time.

I still think we get 3" which I would usually blow but warm temps after should help out.

A lot of the models blow up a band of heavier precip just east of us. Not too often models have more snow well east of Boston, but this might be a case.

I'm worried about the 06z-12z period having the best precip to our north. Something that wasn't really a worry even 24-36 hours ago after the warming trend had ceased.

That would mean just an inch or two vs 3-5 north of the pike. I guess we will see how it shakes out soon enough.

I'm worried about the 06z-12z period having the best precip to our north. Something that wasn't really a worry even 24-36 hours ago after the warming trend had ceased.

That would mean just an inch or two vs 3-5 north of the pike. I guess we will see how it shakes out soon enough.

Yeah fwiw the RPM was doing that yesterday too. The GFS originally had a nice thump, but that went north as well. I went and compared 00z and 6z, gfs and nothing stands out to me as to why the 6z run cut back big time. 

Yeah fwiw the RPM was doing that yesterday too. The GFS originally had a nice thump, but that went north as well. I went and compared 00z and 6z, gfs and nothing stands out to me as to why the 6z run cut back big time. 

If it happens, it happens.

I'm fine with it because I have to work, and the system is NBD, anyway.

The NCAR WRF ensembles are very bullish on ZR potential. In fact, they have >0.75" of ice accretion in the foothills of the Berkshires. 

Here's the ensemble mean ZR accumulation and a forecasting sounding around Union, CT for 15z Tuesday.

Given the anomalously warm mid level temperatures (500mb heights nearly 570dm) and a very well timed strong/cold/high high over Maine you have to think that this could be a pretty solid icing event in many areas. At least locally the GFS/NAM/Euro have all trended warmer overnight with little snow and a pretty quick transition to ZR.

post-40-0-57028100-1451310400_thumb.png

post-40-0-56016400-1451310514_thumb.png

well obviously the ground isn't warm anymore....so it's a moot point. If the ground was still above freezing when it started snowing then it would melt snow.

I'm just playing devils advocate, I know it doesn't have much of an impact....or any.

Exactly....the devil has no need for an advocate.

The NCAR WRF ensembles are very bullish on ZR potential. In fact, they have >0.75" of ice accretion in the foothills of the Berkshires. 

Here's the ensemble mean ZR accumulation and a forecasting sounding around Union, CT for 15z Tuesday.

Given the anomalously warm mid level temperatures (500mb heights nearly 570dm) and a very well timed strong/cold/high high over Maine you have to think that this could be a pretty solid icing event in many areas. At least locally the GFS/NAM/Euro have all trended warmer overnight with little snow and a pretty quick transition to ZR.

That scenario would be a significant icing event for the Pioneer Valley. Buy extra gas for the generator type event.

Yup and we will take it!! Hopefully Eversource is going to have enough crews for this

Archived