Dump Trump
    Newest Member
    Dump Trump
Late December miracle early next week!?

ineedsnow

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure, just saw that Ryan mentioned it today.

It's really WeatherBell's problem, since they make the snow maps based on other fields. And even if NCEP did output snowfall as a field, I wouldn't really trust that either.

I believe ECMWF has always had a snowfall product but up until this year SN/PL/ZR was all lumped into the frozen product. Now it is explicitly snowfall from ECMWF and not something weatherbell algorithms are doing in post.

Unfortunately, that CFSv2 was also showing a wet month, but now that it is pointing to -1 to -2 2M temps for Jan, it is also showing a dry month ahead. 

My point was that when they showed heat, Warmistas jumped all over them, I don't think they are very skilled and take them with a grain of salt no matter what they show

Well, this system is already an over-performer in my book because Whiteface got 4" overnight and this morning from a squall/upslope ;) . Legit powder day for sure, was a ton of fun to ski.

From what I've been able to quickly look at, I'm going with another 3-6" for here. 1-3" BOS-ORH, 2-4" north of there to the NH border, 4-8" for most of NNE, T-2" south of there. Icing overperforms for many. Basically taking a Euro/RGEM combo and throwing out the GFS as much as I wish it was right.

Archived