Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
January Med/Long Range Discussion

North Balti Zen

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow at that block at the end of the 12z GFS op run. Thing of beauty. We really are going to get a legit -NAO...still a bit afraid to buy it lol.

I think everyone here (me included) is a bit freaked to see this as its been a long time since we've seen near perfect teleconnections. And a true -NAO in winter to boot!? Pinch me. I'm dreaming...

I think everyone here (me included) is a bit freaked to see this as its been a long time since we've seen near perfect teleconnections. And a true -NAO in winter to boot!? Pinch me. I'm dreaming...

Yeah I have several times gone back and drooled over the 2009-10 pattern in recent winters...wondering if we would ever see such a thing again. Just maybe...

12z GEFS now looks just like the EPS. Strong cold signal and the mean agrees with the 12z op IRT blocking prospects. 

attachicon.gifgefs.JPG

That's a great look even to these uneducated eyes. Comparing the 6z with the 12z runs today, there is a completely different look in eastern Canada which I think affects the coastal on the 12th for us.

Getting the 2" mean line south of DC when it all happens d8+ is pretty bullish. Only 15+/- members show a compete shut out. I'm not sure we can ask much more out of LR guidance.

the problem is day 1 to 10 on this euro run are an absolute disaster. It all gets better in day 11 lol?

the problem is day 1 to 10 on this euro run are an absolute disaster. It all gets better in day 11 lol?

I'm not convinced that the next 10 days present no opportunity. Doesn't look like anything significant will happen but a chance for a snow event isn't ruled out.

Last night's euro parallel had snow d9 and a handful of 12z EPS members showed snow inside of d10.

I'm not convinced that the next 10 days present no opportunity. Doesn't look like anything significant will happen but a chance for a snow event isn't ruled out.

Last night's euro parallel had snow d9 and a handful of 12z EPS members showed snow inside of d10.

loooks like anything within 10 days will be mix/slop but i guess we will take it. We need to record at least a T for this Terrible Winter haha

Watch the threat towards mid month end up a southern slider. The position and strength of that cold vortex in Canada will be a factor.. if it is displaced too far south, could lead to a suppressed storm track. Lol if the SE gets a major snow event and we are still shutout, the Panic room thread will be very active.

Week 3 looks good. Slow relaxation but ok h5 pattern. Week 4 is the Jan thaw. Lol.

How many strong Jan nino's have a well below normal west/northwest the entire month....amazing, when is that crap going to end. Essentially weeklies have a serviceable pattern days Dec 12- 20, then we go back to Dec weather until atleast Feb. If you buy into the weeklies. Model hugging CFS right now...haha

Archived