joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Obs.

mackerel_sky

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a night for storm. Had big storms roll thru here early this morning one right after another. Kept me up for hours. Ended up with 3.86" for the night. 2.82" of that fell after midnight. That pushes me up to 7.56" for the month which makes this 7 months in a roll of 6"+ of rainfall. Temp is at a balmy 74/72.

1.89" yesterday.

Storm total so far 3.69"

6.00" for December

56.07" YTD

That's about 11" above normal with a week to go and more rain in the forecast.

It dipped down to 64 briefly in a shower overnight, then warmed up quickly to 72 by 5:00AM. Currently 73.4/72

Horrible storms, flash flood warning now with very bad lightning. This is the worst storm I've seen in a very long time and it just keeps training.

Yeah i'm worried about those...area around here simply can not take that type of rain but it's getting ever closer. I've had around 6 inches since yesterday...9 inches since last thursday.

What's your storm total? Radar estimating 6-8" in several areas and it's likely underdone.

I just moved and haven't gotten my gauge up yet. I saw sweet water creek on the way to work and it's flooding in some spots. I'm in a break right now but I'm about to get back under the storms. It's horrible, the only word I can use to describe it.

We are sitting at 67.02" for the year at PGV, all time wettest year is 1929 with 70.23".....gonna be close. Already tied the record high of 73 for this date at 7am in the morning lol....safe to say its gonna be broken.

I am not sure about the airport but I am sitting at 71.02" for the year.

Yeah i'm worried about those...area around here simply can not take that type of rain but it's getting ever closer. I've had around 6 inches since yesterday...9 inches since last thursday.

I'm catching up with you.  A bit over 8.2 since Thursday last.  I had over half an inch in just a few minutes a while back in a super impressive tropical downpour.  Continuous thunder all morning, and most of last night after midnight, but not as much rain until this morning. Power goes out every quarter hours or so.  Thought I'd lost my laptop a while ago due to a power surge.

Now up to 1.6, and between downpours.  69.6 at present.  It's like Christmas along the Amazon without the leeches, and bitey fish, lol.  I do love me some interesting weather, and this is very interesting.  I belive New Years will make a nice opposite bookend to this tropical Xmas.  At least it's happened that way a lot in the past.  70's on Christmas 30's on New Years, lol.  Let's hope it happens again.  T

Archived