joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Obs.

mackerel_sky

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Widespread rainfall totals over 5" in the last couple of days across North GA all the way up to northern NC mountains.

Since you live in SC, any idea how all the dam repairs have progressed?

They are still working on some of the dams. Most of the roads have been repaired and reopened. We sure know what they are going through in Alabama and Georgia. The rivers are pretty high even here from recent rains.

Had a low of 65 a little after midnight..with the temp actually up to 68 by sunrise. So was athens..which is nearly 10 degrees warmer than their old record high low temperature  for the date..which was 56. It's one thing to break a record but to do it by 9 degrees? Just absolutely ridiculous  and unreal. Greensboro SSE of athens officially had a low of 68....but for the most part they were 70 most of the night ...like they currently still are. Thomson down near august actually did have a low of 70.  Lows near 70..in late december...i laugh to keep from crying lol.  Had to do some work outside yesterday and i was pouring sweet like july. It actually really pissed me off lol...we put up with this type of crap so much of the year..to have to sweet like that a day after christmas is such a load of bs.

final report on the rain btw..had 7.75 inch storm total and 10.75 during that 7 day span. Not bad :flood:

You can see the leading edge of the cooler air by the NWS radar loop:

http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=RAX&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=yes

Very sad that I'm tracking a cool front that will drop the temps down to normal (...temporarily).

Any chance it will make it to N GA or are we outta luck?

Any chance it will make it to N GA or are we outta luck?

Not according to RAH

955 AM MON DEC 28 2015.SYNOPSIS...A COLD FRONT WILL DROP SOUTH THROUGH CENTRAL NC TODAYTHEN STALL NEAR THE SC BORDER. THE FRONT WILL RETREAT NORTHWARD AS AWARM FRONT TONIGHT. A COLD FRONT WILL APPROACH FROM THE WESTWEDNESDAY.

Archived