Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December Obs.

mackerel_sky

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

'only' .37" here. Drove home from Cary right in the middle of that rain band. They obviously got in on all the morning rain that missed us. Lots of ponding in the roadways, and the I-40 construction zone didn't make it any easier. I just followed the car tracks in front of me. Couldn't see any of the lane markers.

Congratulations, Charleston?

2015 now the wettest year on record at Charleston International Airport. As of 130 AM, the annual rainfall is 73.03". The previous wettest year was 1964 during which 72.99" of precipitation occurred. Records at Charleston International Airport date back to 1938.

Congratulations, Charleston?

US National Weather Service Charleston SC

6 hrs ·

2015 now the wettest year on record at Charleston International Airport. As of 130 AM, the annual rainfall is 73.03". The previous wettest year was 1964 during which 72.99" of precipitation occurred. Records at Charleston International Airport date back to 1938.

Pretty impressive with no major hurricanes this year.

2.22" total from yesterday.

23.37" since October and 29.43" since September

59.34" for 2015

Should be able to easily surpass 60" over the next couple weeks.  A rare freeze is in store for the next couple nights.  This has been the mildest December I can remember in sometime.  Buying a Christmas tree in shorts, short sleeves, and flip flops was just odd.  Broke out into a sweat mowing up leaves the other day and had turn the A/C back on lol.  T-minus 3 months until our wintry weather chances drop significantly.  I'd at least like to see a fantasy storm or two.

25.9° last night.  Looks like our cold shot will be short lived and it will be back into the upper 60's.  This pattern of a couple cold days followed by rain and weeks of warmth seems pretty well established.  I get the feeling this could be a snow lover's nightmare of a winter outside of the mountains.  This is fine with me though.  If it isn't going to snow, then I'd much rather be walking around in shorts outside.  We're about to enter our prime time frame for winter weather though, so maybe something will come up.

Archived