joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope that's not based off the Day 15 gfs.

Of course it's off the operational long range GFS. It's a junk model with no support that always shows fantasy cold and snowy in the long range that never verifies, like it did all winter long back in 11-12. Notice how the goal posts keep getting pushed back, first it was "major pattern change to cold and snowy" come late November/Thanksgiving, then it was early December, then ooops never mind, mid December, then ooops again around Christmas, ahhh scratch that, late December/early January.... The beat goes on.....

Of course it's off the operational long range GFS. It's a junk model with no support that always shows fantasy cold and snowy in the long range that never verifies, like it did all winter long back in 11-12. Notice how the goal posts keep getting pushed back, first it was "major pattern change to cold and snowy" come late November/Thanksgiving, then it was early December, then ooops never mind, mid December, then ooops again around Christmas, ahhh scratch that, late December/early January.... The beat goes on.....

This is not true at all. The smart money was always on December being mild, and that theme has been repeated in winter forecast after winter forecast. That doesn't mean there can't be a window for a snow threat in December, and I would guess Dec 18-20 is the 1st window.

I DID notice that, youre right. Seems oddly deja-vu-ish though, dont you think? "End of Feb pattern change, we're done here, NE still has a shot." "After those first few days of march the pattern flips and we go warm" "people here are rooting for cold and snow with no basis for it, its over when we hit march"...

The beat goes on...

I DID notice that, youre right. Seems oddly deja-vu-ish though, dont you think? "End of Feb pattern change, we're done here, NE still has a shot." "After those first few days of march the pattern flips and we go warm" "people here are rooting for cold and snow with no basis for it, its over when we hit march"...

The beat goes on...

Lol

We all know that you are rooting for a mild and snowless winter. You must be enjoying this weather.

This is not true at all. The smart money was always on December being mild, and that theme has been repeated in winter forecast after winter forecast. That doesn't mean there can't be a window for a snow threat in December, and I would guess Dec 18-20 is the 1st window.

It looks like our 1st window will be the 18-20 . I would favor the interior at this point .

What are going to do when El Nino fades in a few months?..You'll be out of job lol

This is the first winter season where there's not even a cutter bringing in a cold front..When's the last time we had a real cold front come through?..September?..Has CP hit freezing yet?..Not even a flake in Buffalo?..wow..I know it's real early,but this has been the most pitiful late fall early winter I have ever seen..I mean can we get one day below normal? lol

I haven't seen a flake yet except for my dandruff when I put on too much spray. Buffalo has recorded only a trace of snow so far this season. The record has been smashed by them. It sucks but winter will eventually come.

Everything that I have read has always said December was going to be mild .. Then some forecasts had changed to a possibility of the pattern changing for the second half of December.. THIS is what the guidance is now starting to come around to. ECM looks like it would be post Day 10

I think we'll eventually turn colder by mid December and very snowy by late December. January won't have a thaw and it'll be snowier than average. February may end up near or above normal but with a blizzard or two ending the average snowfall above average for the month. March will end up being colder and drier but barely any snow. Lock it in

Total snowfall for NYC 40-48 inches

I think we'll eventually turn colder by mid December and very snowy by late December. January won't have a thaw and it'll be snowier than average. February may end up near or above normal but with a blizzard or two ending the average snowfall above average for the month. March will end up being colder and drier but barely any snow. Lock it in

Total snowfall for NYC 40-48 inches

Lottery numbers?

Archived