• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter Banter

dmillz25

What a miserable winter. My annuals just stopped blooming last week.

The only snow ive seen has been at night. Just horrendous.

Amazing how below avg snowfall is in northern sne and northern New England...at this point it's pretty much a lock for them to finish below avg, because they avg so much to start with.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Amazing how below avg snowfall is in northern sne and northern New England...at this point it's pretty much a lock for them to finish below avg, because they avg so much to start with.

3" to date here and I average just north of 50".. It's almost a lock here we finish below average and at the rate it's going may not even break 20"

Over the last two years, scrolling through pages and pages to find useless information here is a new phenomenon. So disappointing the way this message board has turned out. Not really useful anymore. By the way, this is coming from a person who spent his own money and went to Eastern US WX conferences before, so in spite of my best efforts, it's tough to come here every day and try and find informative posts which used to be frequent, organized and readily available. 

Over the last two years, scrolling through pages and pages to find useless information here is a new phenomenon. So disappointing the way this message board has turned out. Not really useful anymore. By the way, this is coming from a person who spent his own money and went to Eastern US WX conferences before, so in spite of my best efforts, it's tough to come here every day and try and find informative posts which used to be frequent, organized and readily available.

It still is readily available. The regulars know who and what to read. It's only a weather board though.

highly agreed. subforums split up all of the good posters and fractured them leaving weenies to fill in the blank spaces. this is the result. one or two informative posts per page maybe; the rest is just incessant banter, whining, and wishcasting. weenies were discouraged from posting at eastern and ran out of town, now it's like a badge of honor.

highly agreed. subforums split up all of the good posters and fractured them leaving weenies to fill in the blank spaces. this is the result. one or two informative posts per page maybe; the rest is just incessant banter, whining, and wishcasting. weenies were discouraged from posting at eastern and ran out of town, now it's like a badge of honor.

Eastern. That is the model that needs to be applied. More pros, less weenies. More respect

If I recall correctly, those calling for a big second half of this winter (many of us) were banking on a return to snow in the second half of January. We're still in the first half of the month, albeit barely. I'm as frustrated as anybody, but did we realy expect much snow through mid month? If in a month from now, we're still snowless, then let's freak out.

the lack of activity to post about is no excuse for terrible posts all around ...Secondly, none of the other threads are reporting on anything except this one. It's as if everything is suddenly posted in banter and nowhere else (hence the mention to "organization in the previous post). 

the lack of activity to post about is no excuse for terrible posts all around ...Secondly, none of the other threads are reporting on anything except this one. It's as if everything is suddenly posted in banter and nowhere else (hence the mention to "organization in the previous post).

You have:

An El Nino thread

A Monthly discussion/obs thread- actual a pattern discussion and obs

A specific storm thread

A model times thread- so no one can ask when a model comes out that no one posts in

A storm tracking thread- for radars and other stuff

A banter thread- so all garbage stays in here. This also serves as a long range thread for people to follow the models in the long range to post stuff that will change 100 times.

A Today in Weather History thread- which is always interesting. Thanks again Uncle.

A NW Burbs thread- for our NW posters to have their own spot

A Long Island thread- that is mostly inactive

A Vendor thread- there's no talk about DT and JB every 2 seconds in discussion threads.

A couple other random threads that do nothing to distract from the subforum.

What more do you want?

Archived