Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Nippy Novie

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's just ridiculous. I don't even know how or why he is communicating the way he is. I'm pretty sure nearly all of the public scratched their head after reading that paragraph.

By no means am I a grammar expert either, but I'm pretty sure he means the amplified pattern is parent to the isallobaric gradient.

It's an interesting back and forth with models from 12z-00z. While it does look like the vortex tries to rebuild...it was certainly post-poned at 00z with much better -EPO. This is usually the case when multiple factors are involved in changing a pattern. I think we can summarize things in a few points

1) The pattern will change. The H5 pattern is reshuffling. Fact, not opinion. How long it lasts is unknown, but best guess is that it will be transient. Tough to assign an actual length of time.

2) Details obviously to be determined. The cold dump may be centered in the Plains which could allow for some cutters until gradually the cold shifts more eastward. 

3) Overall a potentially storm time with all types of storms appearing on the table. I would caution about being too excited for snow in your backyard, but we have a legit chance of our first widespread wintry event for New England as a whole. Naturally NNE favored, but not limited to.

Maybe. maybe not.

Seems it's in and out unfortunately

1. As cold as it may be 11/22-12/1, signs continue to point to warm up ~12/1. Note AK ridging replaced by low heights

CT2lnh1UcAA0DkV.png

2 retweets2 likes

Retweet

More

@EdValleeWx yeah seems that way. and from then on…

Seems it's in and out unfortunately

1. As cold as it may be 11/22-12/1, signs continue to point to warm up ~12/1. Note AK ridging replaced by low heights

CT2lnh1UcAA0DkV.png

2 retweets2 likes

Retweet

More

@EdValleeWx yeah seems that way. and from then on…

Yes I think we go back to a more milder regime.

Yes I think we go back to a more milder regime.

Euro ens were not quite as enthusiastic at bringing back the AK vortex as the GEFS. The heights are significantly lower at D15 on GEFS than Euro in that region...so I'm hopeful that we can start December with a semblance of cross polar flow. Even if it's weak.

Euro ens were not quite as enthusiastic at bringing back the AK vortex as the GEFS. The heights are significantly lower at D15 on GEFS than Euro in that region...so I'm hopeful that we can start December with a semblance of cross polar flow. Even if it's weak.

Yeah there is a large difference between the two. I think at some point after early December it may revert back to less cold air dumpage into the US..but I feel like to what extent and when is certainly debatable. 

Yeah I am intrigued at the pattern. At the very least, we should see some more interesting weather. It's been so dull..I'm trying not to let the recent boredom make a pattern more interesting than it is. :lol:

This may typify the winter, too... 

El Numb- nuts may redirect action west of 100.   But heh, maybe the Colorado river will start flowing again.   Have you guys seen those pictures of inland aquatics?   Pretty shocking to see Lake Mead like, down 200 feet and all those abandoned ghostly piers with signs policing out of the sere desert dust that read, "No mooring allowed past this point!"

Okay -

I also think it would just be fascinating from geological perspective if Cally could completely flip the headline scope in just a single season.  Come on now... heads out of assess for just a moment, and think about that.  

But oy vay!  At what cost?  I wonder if that really means we sacrifice back east, by being on the pendulum point of R-wave pulses ... sitting hopelessly on the fulcrum of the atmospheres teeter tot: if you don't get 'why', just think sh!t rarely happens..

Maybe not.  It could also just mean while swings between deep blue cold, and boundary events before jumping to 60 F ...rinse repeat.  If the EPO comes back, and the El Nino does its thing, a whiplash winter would intuitive be a wonderful fit for those too hugely disparate/opposing forces. 

Keeping with the metaphor talk ... I just think that E of 100 or thereabouts, there's less 'locking' of the pattern due to those more dominating influencing waning out to oblivion, for having distance escape the sourcing.  Those dominators are over the Pacific this year - and the million dollar question still only answered with educated guess work.  But back here in the E, this is not the Pacific... oh, we transitively benefit or suffer for it, sure.  Much of the time, where the snap fit fails you get the 'unmanned fire-hose' spraying errantly in both directions.. Sometimes looking tasting on the models, and gaiety in posting tenor; at other times, not so much. 

Shocked would be too strong a word, but I'd definitely be eye-brow raised if we locked into one of those 45 day persistent cold and snowy appeals this time, though.

This may typify the winter, too... 

El Numb- nuts may redirect action west of 100.   But heh, maybe the Colorado river will start flowing again.   Have you guys seen those pictures of inland aquatics?   Pretty shocking to see Lake Mead like, down 200 feet and all those abandoned ghostly piers with signs policing out of the sere desert dust that read, "No mooring allowed past this point!"

Okay -

I also think it would just be fascinating from geological perspective if Cally could completely flip the headline scope in just a single season.  Come on now... heads out of assess for just a moment, and think about that.  

But oy vay!  At what cost?  I wonder if that really means we sacrifice back east, by being on the pendulum point of R-wave pulses ... sitting hopelessly on the fulcrum of the atmospheres teeter tot: if you don't get 'why', just think sh!t rarely happens..

Maybe not.  It could also just mean while swings between deep blue cold, and boundary events before jumping to 60 F ...rinse repeat.  If the EPO comes back, and the El Nino does its thing, a whiplash winter would intuitive be a wonderful fit for those too hugely disparate/opposing forces.

Check out the California drought of the 1970s that turned on a dime during the big 1977-78 Nino. It was fun being there for that although I endured the sting of missing the 78 sne blizzard.

Through 11/14/15:

BOS: +7.1

ORH: +7.0

BDL: +6.7

PVD: +6.0

Record warmest first two weeks of November for the mountains.

MMNV1 with 2015 leading the way in highest average temps up to this point.

Departures:

BTV: +8.5

MVL: +8.4

Mansfield: +10.2

Even dispite that they just had an 8" snow event, too. It can snow in awful patterns. Funny thing is last year was really cold to this date, and snowfall is about even on the season to date.

00z EPS raised hgts out there over 12z too and you can see the resulting deep trough over E CAN.

post-3-0-76537800-1447607975_thumb.png

Archived