joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nippy Novie

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing a torch November sucks for is early snow making in the ski areas. But hopefully things turn around later in the month.

Looking like a slower start than some recent years... we've been fairly lucky the past few seasons with decent cold in November.  Some real good snowmaking runs.  This season is looking slower.

I did a weenie trip up Blue Hill in that one.

I remember. That storm made me realize that a nrly wind this early is still a bit of a detriment to snow unless it's very cold. I stick out enough to the east to get some affects. I literally drove down the street and while it was catpaws here, the landscape in front of me, about a mile west...was white. You get some crazy mesoscale things around here sometimes. Same thing happened on 11/14 (iirc). 

As we near November, Napes knocking at the door, PF turns to past November's and early snowfalls of yore.

What's funny is this year I had my first 1"+ snowfall a lot earlier than recent years with that record cold outbreak 8-9 days ago. I think today last year was my yard's first accumulation.

That stuff seems to happen though...you'll be in a warm pattern but get some ridiculous cold shot. Or you'll be in a cold pattern but somehow 2-3 days of obscene warmth sneak in.

Oh well...we weep for those who want a 41F high instead of a 52F high.

I'll wait until after Thanksgiving to weep at an ugly pattern.

That's pretty much what it boils down too. Most people in New England don't have serious snow prospects until the end of the month, at least.

It really doesn't matter if it's 40 or 50....

Aleutian ridge and SE ridge...who knew we switched to a La Nina?

I'm ok with it though...reshuffle it now while we are still in a useless part of the cold season for anything notable.

I was told yesterday there was no SE ridge in the winter thread LOL..This one is massive and appears to want to set up shop for a long time

Archived