CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Nippy Novie

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told yesterday there was no SE ridge in the winter thread LOL..This one is massive and appears to want to set up shop for a long time

No I think you were told that worrying about a southeast ridge for winter in an El Nino is unsupported....you were asked to list negatives for this winter and you mentiond a SE Ridge. Makes no sense in an El Nino.

Last year we had snow on 11/2. 

That was a lose-lose event for me.  First, my area got 0.5" from a WS-warned storm, then we spent the week slogging thru wet snow in eastern Maine (where inland areas got 10-20") during our forest certification audit.

I can deal with no snow as most seasons there is none early Nov, But having to walk the woods and swamp areas because they are bed down in the warmth does not make for great hunting sweating your azz off

And dealing with Novie blackflies is just plain annoying.  They're not biting but definitely bothersome, and only present when temps are 15+ AN.9

That was a lose-lose event for me.  First, my area got 0.5" from a WS-warned storm, then we spent the week slogging thru wet snow in eastern Maine (where inland areas got 10-20") during our forest certification audit.

I can deal with no snow as most seasons there is none early Nov, But having to walk the woods and swamp areas because they are bed down in the warmth does not make for great hunting sweating your azz off

And dealing with Novie blackflies is just plain annoying.  They're not biting but definitely bothersome, and only present when temps are 15+ AN.9

They are more annoying then anything,  And you cant just swat a them either as your trying not to make any movement

No I think you were told that worrying about a southeast ridge for winter in an El Nino is unsupported....you were asked to list negatives for this winter and you mentiond a SE Ridge. Makes no sense in an El Nino.

I mentioned there is and will be a SE ridge and that was one of my "ideas" for the winter. regardless of if it makes sense. It's not impossible..and is one of my reasons for ratting the winter

I mentioned there is and will be a SE ridge and that was one of my "ideas" for the winter. regardless of if it makes sense. It's not impossible..and is one of my reasons for ratting the winter

It pretty much is impossible to have prolonged SE ridging for a period of time, with this ENSO.

You are going to have srn stream up the wazoo this year. My issue for this area, is having tons of HP to the north, but zero cold like last December. Perhaps not all the time, but that's the problem with stronger +ENSO events.

Well if your guess is correct it's a lot of 40 degree rainers in SNE this winter while Freak dances in feet of snow on the tables. If my guess is correct it's a lot of dry , sunny 50 degree wx this winter interspersed with brief 1-2 day cold downs and then back up again

Well if your guess is correct it's a lot of 40 degree rainers in SNE this winter while Freak dances in feet of snow on the tables. If my guess is correct it's a lot of dry , sunny 50 degree wx this winter interspersed with brief 1-2 day cold downs and then back up again

This season is not going to be a dry season lol

That was not my guess. 

Or Freak also enjoys 40F rainers with you as the lows ride over BUF.

Who knows?

One of your ideas, regardless of whether or not it makes sense?  That sounds like a defense mechanism if you are making stuff or making wild ass guesses with no real reason except fear.

Who knows?  Ginxy's uncharted territory.  There are no analogs. 

All I know is even the torch CFS is quite wet all winter, and the colder JAMSTEC is also wet.  So wet seems to be a common theme along the eastern US.

The only element to even gives pause to ballz-to-wall is the last round of warming possible in a few weeks.

Only Kevin would forecast La Nina climatology during one of the strongest Ninos on record.

:axe: 

Archived