• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Nippy Novie

40/70 Benchmark

Exactly my point.....in other news, the DGEX has a white TDAY through xmas.

LOL....  nice.  

the 18z GFS 'ensemble member ' is rollin in with a 500 mb look of a cold wave entering the NP... The lower latitudes of the EPO domain is favorable for a cooling Canadian shield D7 over all...  Could be sniffing out the change seeing that as soon as D7... 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe some snow showers for the higher terrain of parts of western SNE late tonight and tomorrow morning? 

Moderate to heavy snow falling at the southern tier spots SE of Buffalo, and snow now making it into the higher terrain of the Catskills.  Models show enough cold air for Berkshires to go to snow showers after 6z, still should be some upslope moisture around until 12z.

Nov_13_5_pm_zpsvjokr5w3.gif

Maybe some snow showers for the higher terrain of parts of western SNE late tonight and tomorrow morning?

Moderate to heavy snow falling at the southern tier spots SE of Buffalo, and snow now making it into the higher terrain of the Catskills. Models show enough cold air for Berkshires to go to snow showers after 6z, still should be some upslope moisture around until 12z.

Nov_13_5_pm_zpsvjokr5w3.gif

Yeah I mentioned yesterday that there

Could be some snow mixed in even further east if moisture made it. Haven't looked at it today though.

GEFS are not quite as good a EC ensembles out in LR...the EC ensembles definitely assault the PV more and split it apart a bit. GEFS keep it a bit more consolidated, though they still have a somewhat colder pattern. It will be interesting to see which suite trends the most toward the other.

GEFS are not quite as good a EC ensembles out in LR...the EC ensembles definitely assault the PV more and split it apart a bit. GEFS keep it a bit more consolidated, though they still have a somewhat colder pattern. It will be interesting to see which suite trends the most toward the other.

Somewhat colder ? Pretty sure I have never seen this

gfs-ens_T2ma_namer_65.png

gfs-ens_T2ma5d_us_3.png

While the change looks to happen, how long remains to be seen. GEFS still a black hole near AK, and the EC still tries to lower heights in AK at the end....although we have seen the typical 12z-00z-12z off-on-off type deals.  So, I think we still need to wait and see how long it lasts...my guess is that it may revert to more typical Nino December after any change. Either way, hopefully we can sneak at least one event in and try to take advantage of any change. 

Steve, I am only speaking to longevity. I am not saying it won't happen. I think one thing going in its favor, is better placement of convection heading into December. I just looked at that now and if it can push out of Indonesia, it might help with the Pacific. Overall, just not sold on this being a long tern change for the month.

Steve, I am only speaking to longevity. I am not saying it won't happen. I think one thing going in its favor, is better placement of convection heading into December. I just looked at that now and if it can push out of Indonesia, it might help with the Pacific. Overall, just not sold on this being a long tern change for the month.

Understood totally, the magnitude just didn't seem significant to me. Things are going to be very transient and fast moving anyways this year, maybe we can squeeze these good periods in for the next two months before we get in a better pattern

understood totally the magnitude just didn't seem significant to me. Things are going to be very transient and fast moving anyways this year, maybe we can squeeze these good periods in for the next two months before we get in a better pattern

It's impressive on the GEFS. It doesn't matter how strong it is. Winds flow counterclockwise around low pressure. That affects the flow into NAMR. 

Archived