Newest Member
    northernriwx
Nippy Novie

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow.. That's impressive dryness.

Wait until the month is over.  At my place, Sept and Oct each recorded nearly 70% of monthly rain during a single event during the final 4 days.

Top 20 all time drought. Holy cow

Yup.  17th driest of 67 years, or 25th percentile.  I've got some BDL records back thru 1920 - same elev, don't know if same spot - and there 2015 is 26th of 96, or 27th percentile.  Dry, but nothing all that noteworthy.

wow, 70fuchumsix degrees... 

I think Scott was railing Kevin last week because ...well, Kevin deserves daily doses of deriding, but more importantly because of how hard it is to get these kind of temperatures at this time of year. 

well, much to our chagrin!  Scott's right, but this is a bit more absurdly SD warm than I think many were expecting.  I don't think 80 is happening, though 79 could be tickled.   

wow, 70fuchumsix degrees... 

I think Scott was railing Kevin last week because ...well, Kevin deserves daily doses of deriding, but more importantly because of how hard it is to get these kind of temperatures at this time of year. 

well, much to our chagrin!  Scott's right, but this is a bit more absurdly SD warm than I think many were expecting.  I don't think 80 is happening, though 79 could be tickled.   

Good mixing. This week was a bit warmer in the torch spots for sure. 

Yeah, your forecast verification (all year round) is directly correlated to how abnormal the weather is.  Once we start getting several standard deviations from normal, your forecast verification is pretty good. 

Very true. :lol:

I still think his 78-80 is going to fall short...maybe someone tickled above 75F (I think I saw BAF did earlier getting to 76F before they dropped back to 73)

I actually think he did quite well. Not sure if the reasons were right, but whatever.

I didn't think this would have the teeth it did.

This reminds me of a couple of adages:

"Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once and a while"

and

"A broken clock is right twice every day"

Perhaps this one too:

"Close, but no cigar"

Archived