joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
We hoist, huge drought busting rains with potential coastal flooding. Sep 29-30

Ginx snewx

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice... back edge of the rain is not moving and getting a little heavier.  Rain rate back up to .14"/hr.

Parts of downtown Laconia are reportedly a mess from Jewett brook, which overflowed its banks.  What a great event to break the boredom.

Yeah...a nickle here and a dime there...similar rates at home. Drizzle fo shizzle in CON now too.

Looking at radar I dream of those deforms in northern VT right now where it's only 0.05" per hour but you're getting those fluffy dendrites at 1-2" per hour to top off the heavier synoptic snows.

Not as much as Dendrite's area but some respectable 3-5" amounts from BTV to Mansfield.

:weenie:

Perfect response.

I think he needs an inland runner over SNE this winter to keep his sanity. The last few winters have reduced him to imagining prolific VT rain events as synoptic snowstorms.

But I'd probably be doing the same thing too if we were in a "big one" drought. :lol:

I think he needs an inland runner over SNE this winter to keep his sanity. The last few winters have reduced him to imagining prolific VT rain events as synoptic snowstorms.

But I'd probably be doing the same thing if we were in a "big one" drought. :lol:

3/13/14 was 2'+ probably.   Feb '12 was an upslope event in a bad year, but certainly a big one...  Wish I had droughts like that.

edit- 3/20/13, about 2'.

But I'd probably be doing the same thing too if we were in a "big one" drought. :lol:

LOL, this winter will probably be as good of a candidate as any other year for him to get dumped on. 

You got it, lol.  We've gotten our best deform bands from rainstorms the past few years :lol:.  

I also know every time one of you read that type of stuff I get weenied because you know in the winter that set-up might not be pretty for the majority of the posters here if I'm pounding heavy snow, haha.

Just think of SNE between like 2005 and Boxing Day 2010.  I think that was Ray's first biggie even though he joined the boards in like 2006.

Mar '14 was 2'+ probably.   Feb '12 was an upslope event in a bad year, but certainly a big one...  Wish I had droughts like that.

edit- 3/20/13, about 2'.

I thought Mar '14 had the best a bit south of him...more like Killington to Sugarbush....but maybe I'm misremembering. Still a good storm though up there.

I purposefully left out the upslope since I know he talks about wanting a nice big synoptic crush job. The upslope events def have their own flavor.

But yeah..."we wish we had droughts like that"....lol. Nobody will be feeling sorry when there is a storm that goes over HVN and BOS.

Archived