joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
We hoist, huge drought busting rains with potential coastal flooding. Sep 29-30

Ginx snewx

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should I be scared? Start making sand bags now?

Sent from my HTC One

Whineminster.  Know your kidding around but actually in my hill town of Bridgewater, many wells are dry and have been.  In my 15 years living up here I have never seen my pond go so dry I can mow the bottom of it with the ride on.  If things come together this could be a significant event.  Weather Channel could even give it a name!   Since water tables are so low the rain will be very beneficial.  If we had been having normal amounts of rain I think there would be road closings and fairly substantial flooding.  Many weather events are over hyped.  This one is coming in under the radar IMO.  Astronomical high tides, trees in full foliage, at least we have something to talk about.

PS  Those are turkeys in my field this AM

post-268-0-20013800-1443463703_thumb.jpg

post-268-0-37766400-1443463704_thumb.jpg

Strong SE winds I would guess. What does the Euro have as pressure at landfall? Because its interacting with the trough could the storm become more hybrid and maintain more intensity than a pure tropical system?

973mb at Virgina Beach. Nothing of note for wind in New England except south coast. Just lots of rain up here from the stalled boundary and the tropical remnants.

Actually has some decent SE downslope winds for the west slope of the Berkshires and southern Greens where terrain helps the wind mix down.

Whineminster.  Know your kidding around but actually in my hill town of Bridgewater, many wells are dry and have been.  In my 15 years living up here I have never seen my pond go so dry I can mow the bottom of it with the ride on.  If things come together this could be a significant event.  Weather Channel could even give it a name!   Since water tables are so low the rain will be very beneficial.  If we had been having normal amounts of rain I think there would be road closings and fairly substantial flooding.  Many weather events are over hyped.  This one is coming in under the radar IMO.  Astronomical high tides, trees in full foliage, at least we have something to talk about.

PS  Those are turkeys in my field this AM

Oh we certainly need the rain, I'm all for it.  OT - but what ski mountain is that in the background? 

Archived