joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
We hoist, huge drought busting rains with potential coastal flooding. Sep 29-30

Ginx snewx

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

with onshore flow all week to boot, very impactful, yeah it's pretty much a disaster in the making as depicted today

Speaking of Irene...the NAM 18z gives Sugarbush/MRG area of the Greens 7+" of rainfall through 84 hours.

Not sure I've ever seen such a localized high QPF in 84 hours. Good luck pinning that down.

0.8" at Stowe and 7.25" at Sugarbush. :lol:

Haha same thinking...first primes the pump, second one floats the arks.

Or

0324 PM    FLASH FLOOD      WOODSTOCK            43.63N 72.52W
08/28/2011                  WINDSOR          VT  PUBLIC
           OTTAQUECHEE 10 FT OVER ITS BANKS... PROPANE TANKS ARE
           SWIFTLY MOVING DOWN STREAM. ONE TANK HAS EXPLODED.

With, that's not even close to what I meant But boring is fleeting in the NE, like so called droughts

Droughts are always fleeting in general..especially in our area of the world..but when you're living thru one..which really has been for about 4-5 months..it's something to note and talk about. It's too late to save foliage season..but at least it appears to be getting wet

Droughts are always fleeting in general..especially in our area of the world..but when you're living thru one..which really has been for about 4-5 months..it's something to note and talk about. It's too late to save foliage season..but at least it appears to be getting wet

rhetoric, not really a drought, a dry period, just like last year. Meh

Depends upon one's standard of measurement.  According to the US Drought Monitor , ...they have Short AND Long term regions dappled about the area.  

I think that's fair enough to be realistic about some drought characteristics.  

However, having said that ...I've seen drier periods in this area of the country before in my 35 year tenure and I have yet to witness any scenario become dire enough to warrant much concern.  It'll correct most likely.  

Pretty amazing changes from several days ago.  At that time I was looking at .25" from Tuesday fropa hoping a bit of moisture from the Yucatan system could get involved.  Media now has to play catch up.  Glad we are going into this with near drought conditions.  If the GFS was right bringing a TS into Long Island wonder how much wind in E NE would be involved.  Obviously trees in full leaf and most of New England would be on the windy side.  After weeks of weather bordem it all comes crashing to an end.  

Writing on the wall?

..perhaps a bit much, but...  Roundy Probabilities product has been flagging the EC adjacent waters for this week, for some time.  And we've been seeing these cyclic model depictions with big highs and deep easterly fetch cranking into the MA for over a week now.  That was always inherently risky...  

Nothings happened yet

Writing on the wall?

..perhaps a bit much, but... Roundy Probabilities product has been flagging the EC adjacent waters for this week, for some time. And we've been seeing these cyclic model depictions with big highs and deep easterly fetch cranking into the MA for over a week now. That was always inherently risky...

Nothings happened yet

terrible erosion in NJ this week already

Archived