Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
We hoist, huge drought busting rains with potential coastal flooding. Sep 29-30

Ginx snewx

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Mar '14 had the best a bit south of him...more like Killington to Sugarbush....but maybe I'm misremembering. Still a good storm though up there.

I can't remember off the top of my head but looking at CoCoRAHS...

March '14 was 13.0" (1.54" liquid though, so QPF was there, I remember the ratios were horrific though)...and J.Spin who is slightly snowier had 14.8".  Good storm but nothing excessive.

March '13 was 13.2" (0.86" liquid)...and J.Spin was 13.9".

I hope everyone felt sorry for my boring 125" last winter, too.  That was probably the most brutal 125" someone could get ;).

No need to hijack this thread with snow talk though, lol.

Huh?  I haven't had 2 feet or more since March 2011.  Got 18" in the Feb '12 upslope.  I'm talking my home though not the mountain.

I don't differentiate lol. 

4/10/12... 2'

I thought Mar '14 had the best a bit south of him...more like Killington to Sugarbush....but maybe I'm misremembering. Still a good storm though up there.

you aren't... it was more further south.

Are we still calling this heavy rainfall a bust?

attachicon.gifMRMS_24hr.jpeg

Some backyards might be left wanting, but overall I think this qualifies as widespread.

The only time I hate the Green Mountains is when looking at the BTV radar.  What a mess, lol.  

My folks just south of ALB had almost 5".  That weenie band shows up nicely on that image.

I don't differentiate lol. 

4/10/12... 2'

lol that one was 30" on the picnic tables.  

But yeah locally we are in a bit of an 18"+ drought.  The Warren/Waitsfield area (even up through MPV and NE Kingdom) has been just far enough south or east to catch the brunt of those two March storms you mentioned, as they have had 18-24" events in both of them that were 13-14" here.

That Maine bullseye wasn't hit very well on the models...not terrible but they definitely underplayed it.

I'm trying to remember which of the dozens of model runs I looked at last night that showed it, but one of the regionals or mesos showed the precip just exploding over ME and giving widespread 5+ amounts.

Now that I look back, ARW/NMM FTW up here.

post-44-0-96017700-1443641054_thumb.png

post-44-0-64478300-1443641072_thumb.png

I'm trying to remember which of the dozens of model runs I looked at last night that showed it, but one of the regionals or mesos showed the precip just exploding over ME and giving widespread 5+ amounts.

Now that I look back, ARW/NMM FTW up here.

attachicon.gifwrf_tprecip_arw_neng_35.png

attachicon.gifwrf_tprecip_nmm_neng_35.png

ARW wins that when considering the max axis extending back into SW NH and MA.

lol that one was 30" on the picnic tables.  

But yeah locally we are in a bit of an 18"+ drought.  The Warren/Waitsfield area (even up through MPV and NE Kingdom) has been just far enough south or east to catch the brunt of those two March storms you mentioned, as they have had 18-24" events in both of them that were 13-14" here.

wasn't there one in late december 2012???? 

I remember the plow guy not showing and having to dig out the truck after I beached it on the driveway.

Archived