• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

Latest GFS also keeps us warm throughout the whole run. This is insane. Ever since May we've had above average and there's no end in sight. I mean where is winter? It's supposed to get cold around here this time of the year but not a freeze in sight for the city. Maybe the burbs get a freeze Sunday night but that's about it. My guess is winter arrives in full effect on December with very heavy snow and brutal cold!

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Latest GFS also keeps us warm throughout the whole run. This is insane. Ever since May we've had above average and there's no end in sight. I mean where is winter? It's supposed to get cold around here this time of the year but not a freeze in sight for the city. Maybe the burbs get a freeze Sunday night but that's about it. My guess is winter arrives in full effect on December with very heavy snow and brutal cold!

What are you basing your guess on? December averages 5" of snow if we're lucky so a warmer than average December means probably less snow than that. Its mid November it should be in the 50s. Yes we should have some colder weather with days in the 40s but the pattern we're in doesn't support that.

There are some deep thinkers in here ..... 

15 and 97 are similar  ? , You don`t say , 80 pages of side by side comparisons showing how the  overall heat between 85 and 180 were similar with the exception that in 15 the greatest heat is bet 100 and 160 vs 97 where it was bet 120 and 85 . Both were/are strong to super status and  probably finish 1 - 2 as far as events go  .

15 is a basin wide event vs 97 an east based event . 

09 was was a modoki This is not a  modoki  oh btw  this is not news  . 

The mention by DT and a few others that liken the OLR anomalies to 09 was just that .  The grad school level material forcing was all that was opined about by some and not the basin wide distribution  of AN water temps. 

But then again there are 80 pages in that thread , and you will find very little in the way of contributions by the midget . 

Go figure . 

What are you basing your guess on? December averages 5" of snow if we're lucky so a warmer than average December means probably less snow than that. Its mid November it should be in the 50s. Yes we should have some colder weather with days in the 40s but the pattern we're in doesn't support that.

He's not basing it on anything. I wouldn't bother with the reply. Right now we are seeing typical strong/super Nino conditions as far as sensible weather in the US to the T. No signs of that changing until at least january. I woulnt put away the shorts yet

My mom who's religious went to one of her prayer sessions and was told that this winter is going to be very snowy even more so than last winter. I know this is a science forum but even in 11-12 she mentioned that it wasn't going to be snowy and she turned out right. That is what made me start believing her lol.

:lmao:

it's November 11th.  Relax

There are some deep thinkers in here ..... 

15 and 97 are similar  ? , You don`t say , 80 pages of side by side comparisons showing how the  overall heat between 85 and 180 were similar with the exception that in 15 the greatest heat is bet 100 and 160 vs 97 where it was bet 120 and 85 . Both were/are strong to super status and  probably finish 1 - 2 as far as events go  .

15 is a basin wide event vs 97 an east based event . 

09 was was a modoki This is not a  modoki  oh btw  this is not news  . 

The mention by DT and a few others that liken the OLR anomalies to 09 was just that .  The grad school level material forcing was all that was opined about by some and not the basin wide distribution  of AN water temps. 

But then again there are 80 pages in that thread , and you will find very little in the way of contributions by the midget . 

Go figure . 

unless you are touting warm and snowless he won't bite.   Even in the last 2 years he was downplaying the historic cold and snow as no big deal....LOL

unless you are touting warm and snowless he won't bite.   Even in the last 2 years he was downplaying the historic cold and snow as no big deal....LOL

I like AN  D - M temps, but think the EC may be wet enough as we get deeper to eek out AN snowfall  .

But N and D will blow .

Pull the shades down til Jan. 

That winter is going to have sucked.

No worries, my gut says we all start getting dumped on starting 12/23, it's going to just pour snow. You can't go against a gut feeling, can you?! I've been studying my pine trees and judging by the volume of needles they dropped we are all in for a real treat this winter!! And I saw a squirrel bury a nut in the grass, that's gotta mean something!

I like AN  D - M temps, but think the EC may be wet enough as we get deeper to eek out AN snowfall  .

But N and D will blow .

Pull the shades down til Jan. 

If we stay stormy, I'd agree our chances are good for good snowfall year. Given averages around here of 25-40 inches depending on locale,   all we need is one biggie to get above normal.

Archived