• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

Just wanted to post a little something about the passing of my dad today, just shy of his 101st birthday. My dad helped me with my love of weather when I was young by buying me the equipment I wanted. I remember him cutting out an ad in the back of popular mechanics for an anemometer which I got for Christmas probably 40 years ago. My dad would help me install things by going on the roof. He loved to do woodworking and he built be several stands for my rain gages and a very professional temperature shelter that I still use today. Thanks for everything dad...love you.

Don , my condolences . 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wanted to post a little something about the passing of my dad today, just shy of his 101st birthday. My dad helped me with my love of weather when I was young by buying me the equipment I wanted. I remember him cutting out an ad in the back of popular mechanics for an anemometer which I got for Christmas probably 40 years ago. My dad would help me install things by going on the roof. He loved to do woodworking and he built be several stands for my rain gages and a very professional temperature shelter that I still use today. Thanks for everything dad...love you.

sorry to hear that Don...my condolences too...

Sounds like a great guy! Prayers for you and you're family

Nice post, sorry for your loss.

Sounds like a wonderful man....you were a lucky boy to have a Dad like that. My condolences.

sorry for your loss Don, your father is in heaven now and in a better place. Prayers for your family. Very nice memories you have shared with us. God bless you and your family.

I'm really sorry for your loss. He lived a long life and sounds like he was a great father.

Don, so sorry for your loss. What a weenie father you had.

Lol yes..Also when I moved out from my parents house when I was in my 20's, my dad took over taking the stats from my weather station every day...that was back when we didn't have the weather stations that we do now. Also have to thank my mom (she passed in 2013 at 92 yrs of age) as I would call her when I was out or at work to check things for me...she would go out and take snow measurements for me lol.

Your post told me all I needed to know about your father. I'm sure, through you, his legacy will live on.

One is never to old to learn from others, for that I thank you both.

LongBeachSurfFreak, on 04 Nov 2015 - 1:59 PM, said:LongBeachSurfFreak, on 04 Nov 2015 - 1:59 PM, said:

I love all the people in winter jackets. I even saw a girl with gloves on. I just don't get how people are oblivious to the fact that it's in the 70s and Sunny

Onshore flow today here...temp was 65 at 10 am and it has virtually stayed there all day...70's to the west however.

It's warm in Manhattan. Wearing shorts and a T shirt. I agree it's cooler on the island with onshore flow. I have a zip-up for the way home.

I'm really talking about the people dressed for deep winter

What's it like to be able to wear a t-shirt and shorts to work? I wear a suit and tie everyday. The only good thing is that we don't have to keep our jackets on inside.

Feels warmer than yday to me. Morning was very mild and temp jumped quick, its been right around 70 all day. Does drop off quite a bit just to the east along the Sound.

LGA has been several degrees cooler than CPK for most the day, starting to even out now,

It's warm in Manhattan. Wearing shorts and a T shirt. I agree it's cooler on the island with onshore flow. I have a zip-up for the way home.

I'm really talking about the people dressed for deep winter

I was one of the few with shorts on today, and even though I had a hoodie on people still look in amazement lol. Granted, I agree it gets cool after 4ish, but in the sun today it actually felt burning. Interesting weather for November though. Also, still seeing a lot of nice color here. Mostly burnt oranges and yellows.

Could be a more interesting hurricane season next year if this rapid Tropical Atlantic SST increase holds.

The South Carolina historic flooding was right near the tail end of this record rise with the Joaquin trough

interaction.

https://twitter.com/philklotzbach/status/661927792599134208?lang=en

https://twitter.com/EricBlake12/status/661920811339620352

Could be a more interesting hurricane season next year if this rapid Tropical Atlantic SST increase holds.

The South Carolina historic flooding was right near the tail end of this record rise with the Joaquin trough

interaction.

https://twitter.com/philklotzbach/status/661927792599134208?lang=en

https://twitter.com/EricBlake12/status/661920811339620352

That's really impressive.

Archived