Newest Member
    joxey
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You use to love winter. What happened to you?lol

Speaking from my own experience, the cold was brutal last winter and snow overload. There is a reason why there are no snow-lovers in the Great Lakes or upstate Alaska.

Weather enthusiasts should gravitate to what their regions lack, imo. Seems like a setup for depression but when it does come, it's a sight to behold and treasure.

A string of snowless years would bring back my interest in colder weather. Regardless, I stress that I no longer wishcast. Everyone has done it at some point.

You use to love winter. What happened to you?lol

I'm on the Forky train in favor of milder weather but sign me up for a blockbuster system. The cold has been too much for me, and it was downright sickening last season. 

The only thing left to experience is one more Jan 96 type storm (didn't live here for it) or something even greater and my winter bucket will be complete. 

I'm on the Forky train in favor of milder weather but sign me up for a blockbuster system. The cold has been too much for me, and it was downright sickening last season. 

The only thing left to experience is one more Jan 96 type storm (didn't live here for it) or something even greater and my winter bucket will be complete. 

This winter will not be as cold as this winter but it should be a lot stormier though with plenty of snow.

I do agree, it got old fast.    I enjoyed all the snow of course, but being prisoners for 2 months was not fun.   Too bad you just missed Feb 2013 Blizzard-30 inches here, but as you know, sharp cutoff just to my west.  Jan 95 was awesome b/c it was a 2 day event (bit of a gap in the middle)

Boxing Day  Blizzard > Blizzard 96

96 was amazing. It was also the one and only time I had a snow day from school in my life. Besides that yr as a kid it just seemed like snow less after snow less winter. Or lots of 1"-3" then change to heavy rain events. To get over 6" was kind of mind blowing at the time, much less 2 feet. After the string of snowy winters since the 2000's it a little less mind blowing.

The boxing day blizzard had a worse and longer lasting impact on city life though.

I don't remember so many streets being unplowed and impassible for several days in 96. And the amount of abandoned cars (& buses, plows, etc) across the city was like nothing I ever seen before.

96 was amazing. It was also the one and only time I had a snow day from school in my life. Besides that yr as a kid it just seemed like snow less after snow less winter. Or lots of 1"-3" then change to heavy rain events. To get over 6" was kind of mind blowing at the time, much less 2 feet. After the string of snowy winters since the 2000's it a little less mind blowing.

The boxing day blizzard had a worse and longer lasting impact on city life though.

I don't remember so many streets being unplowed and impassible for several days in 96. And the amount of abandoned cars (& buses, plows, etc) across the city was like nothing I ever seen before.

I had about 10 vehicles stuck of my block during the boxing day storm. Every street in my area was unpassable. Terrible job that the city did.

i remember 96 sidewalks were not plowed..back then that was the first time i can remember when the mail was not delivered.. even though the mailman motto is whether through sleet or snow or rain  we deliver.. was not the case that day :P

I remember getting two days off in a row from school. Something that I think only happened once or maybe twice more in my life.

The morning after I remember looking out on my deck and the snow was halfway up the sliding glass door. Just amazing. One of my Mom's friends broke his plow.

Archived