joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Autumn BANTER

dmillz25

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my favorite dates for the first snowfall is Dec. 9th-12th...the magical early December storm for me is the 11-12th blizzard in 1960 when I was 11 years old...then 1961 had 1" on the 10th-11th...1962 had an inch on the 9th-10th...1963 2" on the 12th...1947 had it's first inch around the 11th...1982 on the 12th...1993 on the 11th...

This is for December? What's happening with the one for Thanksgiving weekend?

Next weekends is a single wave riding the cold front boundary, not likely to be favorable... However far away it may be, Snow88 is right on the favorable set up for the early December storm the GFS is showing... Something to be monitored over the next week or so but not get to excited about

Sign me up for this any day

Next weekends is a single wave riding the cold front boundary, not likely to be favorable... However far away it may be, Snow88 is right on the favorable set up for the early December storm the GFS is showing... Something to be monitored over the next week or so but not get to excited about

Sign me up for this any day

Hmm, I see.  Well, looks like we have a couple events to watch. 

If I only had a dollar for every time the gfs spit out a LR snow bomb. Now watch when Dec 5-6 verifies the complete opposite of that run.

FWIW: That would likely end up being a cold rainstorm for the coastal plain as origins are very tropical/sub-tropical and antecedent airmass is rather mild.  

The GFS has been showing this for several runs already. Nice -EPO with a +PNA. This is most likely the best shot to have wintry precip before it warms up. Still many more runs to go but I am intrigued on this possibility. Looks like JB and Joe Cioffi are also intrigued with this timeframe.

The GFS has been showing this for several runs already. Nice -EPO with a +PNA. This is most likely the best shot to have wintry precip before it warms up. Still many more runs to go but I am intrigued on this possibility. Looks like JB and Joe Cioffi are also intrigued with this timeframe.

Next weekend has a better chance of wintry precip. The 5th storm just looks to warm, and most likely would be cold rain for coastal plain.

Next weekend has a better chance of wintry precip. The 5th storm just looks to warm, and most likely would be cold rain for coastal plain.

Dec 1 storm went from just offshore and cold to a GLC on this run lol. Flip Flopping so much.

0z GFS is now warm and offshore with the storm near Dec 5 but the point is that the GFS is still showing 2 possible threats ahead.

Dec 1 storm went from just offshore and cold to a GLC on this run lol. Flip Flopping so much.

0z GFS is now warm and offshore with the storm near Dec 5 but the point is that the GFS is still showing 2 possible threats ahead.

There's zero chance at any snow event because there's virtually no cold air in sight. Suburbs are struggling to get down to freezing in late November when their average lows are at or below freezing, 06z gfs doesn't even get us down to freezing with the cool shot tonight through Tuesday anymore. 

The pattern is about as ugly and hostile as it can get for this time of year (if you want winter weather) with an absolutely raging +AO/NAO expected to boot. November will end up being the warmest on record (guaranteed), but I think December could see even higher positive departures and also be in the top 3 warmest. 

Archived