joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
August 2015 Obs and Disco

Bob Chill

• Replies 733
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Slept W The windows open. Almost chilly in the house this am. Won't be long before upper 50s are upper 40s. Less than 3 weeks til the avg hi at bwi is below 80. And the start of a 4 month stretch where avg hi temps drop 10 deg per month. So long summer.

Shhhhh I've still got a pool I want to enjoy

3, maybe 4 weeks left if it's warm enough? Our pools shut down after labor day weekend.

Hoping to get another month out of it. The solar cover helps but we haven't really had to use it for the last month or so. Now that temps are tickling upper 50s at night, it will be needed. Will put it on tonight and look forward to a nice warm pool next weekend.

BTW hope everyone is doing well. I haven't been on here in forever. Been sick and my mom passed away last month. Ugh rough times. Hope we can get some good weather soon to get my mind off of things. 

So sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you and your family are hanging in there.

Looking more and more like a warm start to Sept. Ensembles agree on a broad ridge across the south central conus with lowest heights in the Pac NW. Large area of 850 + anoms in central Canada so not looking like a good setup for cool Canadian air down here. Pretty typical though. Seems like warm early Septs happen more often than not. Last year was mostly 90's through the first 6 days of the month. 

Sept is a good month for double digit daily departures (oct even better). Way too far out to overthink but it looks fairly warm at this lead. 

Looking more and more like a warm start to Sept. Ensembles agree on a broad ridge across the south central conus with lowest heights in the Pac NW. Large area of 850 + anoms in central Canada so not looking like a good setup for cool Canadian air down here. Pretty typical though. Seems like warm early Septs happen more often than not. Last year was mostly 90's through the first 6 days of the month. 

Sept is a good month for double digit daily departures (oct even better). Way too far out to overthink but it looks fairly warm at this lead. 

Cancel winter.

Archived