Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2015 Discussion

Powerball

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

89.7 is 90 degrees no matter how much you claim it isn't lmao.

I'm phrasing it different.

Our highest measured temp is 89.7.

If our highest measured temp was 89.1... I'd still say 89.1

We are at 89.2 right now, so there could be more in the pipeline.

Alek will be sad to know that my sprinkler will be activated when I get home.

My lawn didn't fare so well while I was in the UP for the last 8 days.

Meh, the maintenence labor required of a lawn doesn't bother me one bit. They're just ornamental garbage. Might as well invest that time into a garden or proper prairie

Made it up to 91 here and at ORD today.

6th 90+ day of the year here, and the 4th at ORD.

Had a solid stretch of storms/heavy rain/flooding in June, and now we're in a nice stretch of solid warmth, with dry conditions. Haven't had more than a T of rain in the past 10 days. And there have been 12 consecutive 80+ days here, with 5 of those being 90+ days. Should continue this stretch through the weekend.

Only hit 82 yesterday and forecasted 80 today.  it is getting a little on the dry side but at least the heat is gone.  looks like Superior temps have recovered to slightly above long term average.  went to the shore around Big Bay and the water was 58.  Not bad to wade in but no swimming for me yet.  One good northerly blow and it will mix out this warmer surface water.

For Grand Rapids.

Grand Rapids Hits 90 Degrees for the First Time in 685 Days

The streak has come to an end!

As of 4:36 p.m. Tuesday, the temperature reached 90 degrees at Gerald Ford Airport, the official observation site. It did not last long, however, as it dropped back to 89 degrees at 4:41 p.m. The last time Grand Rapids hit 90 degrees or warmer was on September 10, 2013. On that date, Grand Rapids hit 94 degrees.   Cooler temperatures will work their way back into the forecast, which could possibly make this one of the last decent chances to reach what has recently become a "milestone" mark in Grand Rapids.   To tie the record, Grand Rapids would have had to make it to Friday, August 14th without hitting 90 degrees. Making it through August 15th would have broken the record. While Grand Rapids did not tie or break the record, it turned out to be the second longest such streak.

Archived