Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
July 2015 Discussion

Powerball

• Replies 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hit 83° here today with mostly sunny skies all day. Last 4 days just needed the AC on for 2-3 hours late in the day before nightfall. Tomorrow looks hot, but I'm out of here till the 2nd - going to be in the high country around Rocky Mountain National Park!

Sounds like there has been some good lightning shows out that way with the Monsoon kicking in.

Thanks Cyclone.

Pictures will definitely be shared when I get back.

Might get some good cumulus shots later today with the storms over the Plains.

Sunny, warm and humid this morning. Feels like summer finally!

Meanwhile here in the Canadian Rockies in southwestern Alberta, it made it down to 38F where I am at about 4,000ft, and there was snow on the already glacierized mountain peaks.

Looks like a shot at 90 four days in a row in Detroit is possible coming up. I'd like to be there for that. :weenie:

no way this pattern holds for a 3rd year through the super nino, right :yikes:

test8.gif

The upcoming cold spell is related to the SOI crashing (Nino strengthening). When we get into DJF and beyond, the SOI will be trending upward (Nino weakening).

Cool MCV feature in south Illinois. I was wondering earlier why SPC had me in a marginal risk because the atmosphere here is very dry. 85 degrees/65 dew point... negligible instability. Glad to see they took me out for the sake of my own sanity. It's been beautiful here... very calm sky. I'd much rather be tracking storms but it is nice to have weather like this. We needed to dry out anyway.

GBRWVA7.gif

Heavy rain passing just north this morning.  Yesterday the storms fired just to the south.  You can see that ma nature is balancing things out as it has been dry here now since the 16th.  Just like last month what was looking like a slam dunk double digit rainfall total will fall short.  Of course that is a good thing lol.  

Looks pretty benign for northern IL for the next 7-10 days to me.  Severe in MN/western WI Tue, skips over to the eastern lakes/OV Wed.  Hopefully some interesting weather returns as we head towards the latter half of August.

It's crazy hot for this area.  topped out at 86/54 here but warmer at MQT..

Interesting stat:

The high temperature reached 89 degrees this afternoon at WFO Marquette, in Negaunee Township prior to the Lake Breeze. The last time that the temperature reached 90 degrees or above was August 25th, 2013; when a record high of 92 degrees was set on that date. At K.I. Sawyer this afternoon the temperature dropped 8 degrees in less than an hour as the Lake Breeze moved inland.

It's crazy hot for this area.  topped out at 86/54 here but warmer at MQT..

Interesting stat:

The high temperature reached 89 degrees this afternoon at WFO Marquette, in Negaunee Township prior to the Lake Breeze. The last time that the temperature reached 90 degrees or above was August 25th, 2013; when a record high of 92 degrees was set on that date. At K.I. Sawyer this afternoon the temperature dropped 8 degrees in less than an hour as the Lake Breeze moved inland.

didn't even hit 80 today

Just read GRRs AFD, the long term was so unenthusiastic...

"Bottom line... We begin the slow fade to fall".

Lovely. I mean it's still July but let's just dump the rest of summer...

Amazing weather here past few days. Cloudy most of today with some sprinkles, but still made 85°.

With the possible exception of Wednesday (and I have a gut feeling of how that will play out), the long term IS looking pretty boring.

But hopefully the Sunny weather and temps at least in the 80s continues. 

Looking for severe weather over MN and possibly western Wi on Tues evening. Thinking a tornado threat may develop Tues evening over SE MN say from Albert Lea to Owatonna over to Rochester and back down to Austiln, and points east and south.  See my long disco over at the MN Forecaster site where I'm known as Randyinchamplin..

http://www.minnesotaforecaster.com/2015/06/farewell-to-patrick-hammer.html#comment-form

Yesterday reached a high of 27ºC/80ºF and it felt like 31ºC/87ºF. The last 3 days have been pretty nice with cooler mornings. Today and tomorrow my points are 31ºC and 32ºC respectively (sunny with a NW flow which is odd?) which would make either or both the hottest days of the year thus far with a humidex making it feel like 35-40ºC/95-104ºF. I'll believe it when I see it because something that has been a constant all year and this summer is we don't reach our forecast highs; 9 times out of 10! Its pathetic and a joke. This weekend it was suppose to be 30ºC both days but on Sat it was reduced to what we got minus 1ºC. No storms at all either when it showed a good chance of such.

Tues Jul 21/15: Its was the 4th anniversary of the hottest day recorded in my region since at least 1970 and the hottest temperature I've experienced in Ontario. Those were superior days compared to present, now its only a question of how much we miss the high by, not if. There was a forecast high of 21..on the 21st.

Just read GRRs AFD, the long term was so unenthusiastic...

"Bottom line... We begin the slow fade to fall".

Lovely. I mean it's still July but let's just dump the rest of summer...

Amazing weather here past few days. Cloudy most of today with some sprinkles, but still made 85°.

If we even had AFDs in Canada and my region wrote something like that, I'd be unamused to say the least even if it was April Fools Day. We've already had enough of this nonsense with the exception of the recent "good" weather and to hear someone say the rest of the summer and fall will be a write-off...can the trolling get any more intense? Unless August and maybe the first weeks of September is really hot and active storm wise, this summer will be a huge letdown but July has been good IMO. The last 9 Augusts here have been average to slightly below, will that streak end finally? It better lol.

Archived